Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Frantz Joseph a Chicago Bear???

Not the most flattering for FAU, but sounds like the Bears have an interest in MLB Frantz Joseph.

The following was published in the Chicago Sun Times on Monday, March 2:
[hr]

There wasn't much down time between the end of the scouting combine last week and the beginning of the pro day circuit at colleges across the country.

Miami is the first major school to have its event last Thursday, although the Hurricanes don't have much in the way of pro prospects for this draft. Ball State also conducted its pro day on Friday although quarterback Nate Davis did not work out after participating at the combine. You can pick up bits and pieces here and there when it comes to news from these pro day sessions.

The Bears were definitely at the Florida Atlantic workout, which was held Feb. 26. We've found visual proof here with Southeast scout Mark Sadowski armed with a stop watch and decked out in team apparel. Sixteen teams showed up for the workout and FAU linebacker Frantz Joseph might have been the headliner. He's been among the nation's leading tacklers the last two seasons but is a little slow and projects purely as a middle linebacker. The hope is, at least at FAU, that Joseph will be the first player from the school drafted.

But here's an interesting guy–safety Carldayle Brantley, who reportedly ran a 4.45 40-yard dash. To put that in perspective, that time would have put him among the fastest safeties at the combine. He also had a 38 1/2-inch vertical jump. The time alone in the 40 had to catch the attention of those in attendance. It's hard to say how much experience the guy has. He made 44 tackles and had three interceptions last season but had just 35 stops in his first three seasons.

There's no way of telling of Brantley could find himself on the Bears' radar. He might project as an undrafted free agent. The Bears will canvas the majority of the pro days so that Sadowski was present doesn't mean anything in itself. It could have been just another day at the office for him making sure he didn't miss anything in his territory. Stay tuned.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Re: Frantz Joseph a Chicago Bear???

As a Bears fan I like that but I don't think it means a whole lot. Scouts are going to look at everyone and while they might like Joseph they might only like him if he falls to them in the 6th or 7th round or maybe they only like him as a free agent signee. I don't think he will go before the 5th even if a team really likes his abilities.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I think its interesting that they gave so much attention to Brantley.. Hopefully his time alone can find him a place somewhere.

Which begs the question…why didn't we have him returning punts!? ???

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I think its interesting that they gave so much attention to Brantley.. Hopefully his time alone can find him a place somewhere.

Maybe he can't handle the ball. That might also explain why he is playing DB as opposed to WR.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Hmmmmm… interesting!

<~~~ This Bears fan is starting to hum the fight song.

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory…
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

SeminOWL2006 said

Maybe he can't handle the ball. That might also explain why he is playing DB as opposed to WR.

GO OWLS!!!

No offense to our kick/punt returners, but its not like they were All-American 'hands' players.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Frantz Joseph a Chicago Bear???

Daaaaaaaaaaa Bears
Back to the top

As a Bears fan I would love to see Frantz with Chicago. One thing that the Bears have done very well is take lesser known LBs and turn them into Pro-Bowl players. I am not referring to Urlacher here. He is a known commodity. Guys like Lance Briggs and Roosevelt Colvin are who I am referring to. Although, they were on the outside with Urlacher in the middle. So if Frantz projects as a true MLB then he won't have the same types of advantages as the aforementioned players. He could be groomed as a replacement for Urlacher who although not old, is starting to look like he is past his prime and probably has 3-4 good years left on his career.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

you can blame Paris Hilton for that
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

you can blame Paris Hilton for that

You might just be correct.

GO OWLS!!!