Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Unofficial SG election results

Add topic

To bring everyone somewhat up to speed:
After a mandated restructuring of the SG Constitution, ByLaws and Operating Procedures, there are now two elections each academic year: In the fall, there is an election for the Senate (which is now the legislative body for all campuses - like the old UWC) and for the House (campus legislative body - like the old Senate). In the spring, there are the general elections for President/Vice President (representing all campuses) and Governors (representing each campus).

Unofficially…

The team of Weimar/O'Reilly won President/Vice President. Weimar was this year's Boca Raton Governor and in the past has served as a leader in Delta Phi Epsilon. She helped plan the student trip to Austin last year. O'Reilly I admittedly don't know much about but I do know she has been involved in the Black Student Union.

The runner-ups were Forbes/Simmons. Forbes was a prOWLer and Orientation Leader. Simmons I don't know anything about.

Please remember that I've been off campus for almost two years now, and the fact that I don't know anything about a candidate is my ignorance and not them being an unqualified candidate

With that said, each party had their own web sites (see below) and Facebook groups, so y'all can look to see what their platform was.

http://www.voteyourparty2009.com/

http://site.votefreshparty.com/Home.html

RECAPPING

2002 - 2003:
Pablo Paez/Ancel Pratt (Paez and Pratt are both currently on the FAUNAA Board)

2003-2004:
Pratt/Dell (Dell lives in WPB and owns a mechanic shop)

2004-2005:
Khan/Dutes (Khan apparently is married to David Johnson.  For those SG Buffs, y'all know who I'm talking about.)

2005-2006:
Wilson/Murray (haven't heard about either of them in a while)

2006-2007:
Murray/Shaw (Murray was kicked out of office. Shaw is now attending Oxford)

2007-2008:
Texeria/Cohen (Texeria is still in SoFla and Cohen will be a senior this year)

2008 - 2009:
Cohen/Fulton

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: Unofficial SG election results

smittysahoot said

The team of Weimar/O'Reilly won President/Vice President.

Excellent!
Back to the top

Smitty:

Mike and Miller and John Kirlew (past Presidents) are still around as well…i ran into Mike a little while back…his wife works at Office Depot Corp Offices…
Back to the top

I heard Ainsworth Spence is still around as well, but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him.

Ken Jessell was one of SG's first presidents, if not the first, and we all know where he is, unfortuantly.

What ever happened to Justin Flippin and Burak Kuntay (spelling?) I heard Burak is in Turkey.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

Not sure...never met him personally...
Back to the top

Wait LOL

Not Ken Jessell.  He's the CFO of FAU.

I meant Ken Jenne

Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Wait LOL

Not Ken Jessell.  He's the CFO of FAU.

I meant Ken Jenne

Blond moment…….

;D
Back to the top

Unofficial SG election results

Burak is currently splitting time between the US and Turkey. He's a consultant for the US Government right now.
Back to the top
Control functions: