Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Help bring the SBC a bowl in Orlando!

Ok guys and gals of OwlCountry, Time to put up or shut up….

Fill this out if you would want to see a CUSA vs Sunbelt Bowl game in our own back yard.

Sunbelt BBS Link with Poll
The Den @ Arkst.com: New Sun Belt Bowl

Link to the Orlando Questionaire:
http://www.bringabowltoucf.com/

This is LEGIT, if youd EVER want to have a second GURANTEED bowl for the confrence that would be in our own back yard fill this out. We certainly cant rely on Wright Waters to get it done, but we can certainly let Orlando know that we would be a good business decision.

TEAR IT UP.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Help bring the SBC a bowl in Orlando!

It would be great to get FAU playing in a bowl in state. Whatever happened to the possibility of an SBC tie-in with the St. Pete Bowl??

I wonder if the teams in the bowl for breast cancer would wear pink jerseys with white accents for home and white with pink accents for away like some of the women's hoops teams did. I am joking of course, but it would be interesting to see.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Too bad the poll was constructed by somebody who is challenged in the editorial department.

See the poll heading:  Poll: If the your team was in a Bowl game in Orlando pre-Xmas week would you attend?

It would be great to get FAU playing in a bowl in state. Whatever happened to the possibility of an SBC tie-in with the St. Pete Bowl??

GO OWLS!!!

LOL that was me on the poll, Thats what happens when you type fast. HEH HEH

And the tie-in agreement is still in place for St Pete. But thats only if the contracted teams arent bowl eligible.

THIS game is a GURANTEE for a SunBelt team to get in. (Most likely SunBelt #2)

Back to the top

Help bring the SBC a bowl in Orlando!

I don't know O_F…

I am jaded on this type of "poll"…its smells distincly of someone trying to guage how much money they can make by wrapping the "event" in a pretty pink bow…

Bottom line:

Orlando collecting leveraging data to present ot a steering committe…and looking out for Orlando's interest.

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

I don't know O_F…

I am jaded on this type of "poll"…its smells distincly of someone trying to guage how much money they can make by wrapping the "event" in a pretty pink bow…

Bottom line:

Orlando collecting leveraging data to present ot a steering committe…and looking out for Orlando's interest.

Most likely true, but if they are tyring to gauge the interest in a Bowl game bewtween the 2 confrences and who would attend from what schools thats critical data they can use to get sponsors and show the community thier investment would not go to waste.

If there is not interest in the polling data from SunBelt schools, then they could turn around and offer the game to another confrence. Right now they are interested in a CUSA vs SunBelt. They could easily change that.

We all know Bowls are about the money and what kind of business they can bring in. I dont begrudge wanting to know what thier potential customers would or could do.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

owlfan1 said

Too bad the poll was constructed by somebody who is challenged in the editorial department.

See the poll heading:  Poll: If the your team was in a Bowl game in Orlando pre-Xmas week would you attend?

GO OWLS!!!

And the tie-in agreement is still in place for St Pete. But thats only if the contracted teams arent bowl eligible.

Sorry. Didn't mean any harm. I actually didn't even realize it was a poll from a message board. I thought it was an official poll from somewhere else. My mistake for not realizing that it is from a message board. I know I make more than my fair share of errors when typing here.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Florida_Owl said

I don't know O_F…

Bottom line:

We all know Bowls are about the money and what kind of business they can bring in. I dont begrudge wanting to know what thier potential customers would or could do.

I would rather see some portion of the revenues go to breast cancer awareness than to some big name corporate sponsor who is simply padding the bank account.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

owlfamily said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Sorry. Didn't mean any harm. I actually didn't even realize it was a poll from a message board. I thought it was an official poll from somewhere else. My mistake for not realizing that it is from a message board. I know I make more than my fair share of errors when typing here.

GO OWLS!!!

No worries.  ;D

The poll is just to see what people on the message board think, the questionaire is the meat and potatos part.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Most likely true, but if they are tyring to gauge the interest in a Bowl game bewtween the 2 confrences and who would attend from what schools thats critical data they can use to get sponsors and show the community thier investment would not go to waste.

If there is not interest in the polling data from SunBelt schools, then they could turn around and offer the game to another confrence. Right now they are interested in a CUSA vs SunBelt. They could easily change that.

It's all good…i understand you can't really do anything anymore with a completely pure heart, and that money ALWAYS comes into the picture somehow ;D
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

owlfamily said

Florida_Owl said

I don't know O_F…

Bottom line:

I would rather see some portion of the revenues go to breast cancer awareness than to some big name corporate sponsor who is simply padding the bank account.

GO OWLS!!!

Per www.orlandoSportsFoundation.com website—-Orlando Sports Foundation, Inc. was founded in May 2008 and exists as the official fundraising organization for bringing a new College Football Bowl Game to Bright House Network Stadium on the campus of The University of Central Florida. It is operating as a 501©(3) nonprofit organization and will secure philanthropic resources. The organization will support and produce events which will benefit charities and enhance the image, economy and culture of Florida.

I did not realize SBC was other conference, if so congrats you will prob play UCF or Southern Miss most years (UAB prob will not be bowl eligible), we shall see how many fans your conference brings.  Other bowls do look to see how good teams travel and those that travel get best bowl matchups.

Hopefully it will UCF vs FAU and we can start something that might grow into a rivalry.
Back to the top
Control functions: