Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Florida Gulf Coast called Florida Atlantic Coast University

Add topic

I guess FGCU can relate with us since we have been called many things and confused with FIU in many articles:

"With a seven run eighth inning, the Florida Atlantic Coast Eagles overcame a seven-run deficit and defeated the Nittany Lions baseball team, 12-11, in 14 innings in Ft. Myers, Fla."

Not sure how long before the link is changed but here it is:

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2009/03/11/florida_atlantic_coast_downs_p.aspx

Back to the top

Re: Florida Gulf Coast called Florida Atlantic Coast University

Florida Gulf Coast called Florida Atlantic Coast University

fauowl said

I guess FGCU can relate with us since we have been called many things and confused with FIU in many articles:

"With a seven run eighth inning, the Florida Atlantic Coast Eagles overcame a seven-run deficit and defeated the Nittany Lions baseball team, 12-11, in 14 innings in Ft. Myers, Fla."

Not sure how long before the link is changed but here it is:

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2009/03/11/florida_atlantic_coast_downs_p.aspx

I guess whoever was covering the game didn't realize that they were doing so from the gulf side of Florida and not the Atlantic side.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

That is too funny!!! :D
Back to the top

I'm just surprised to find that Penn State acknowledges there is life outside of the Big Televen.
Back to the top

The said

I'm just surprised to find that Penn State acknowledges there is life outside of the Big Televen.

Hard to play ball in State College in March. There is a need to go south to get some early season games in. Lots of teams do that.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: