Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Cuse Tops UConn in 6OT's!

Add topic

Did anyone see this game last night?  I made it through 3 OT's and then had to call it a day…grrr.

Wow, what game…70 minutes of play, and 6 OT's!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Photo NY Daily News

Game Story

Back to the top

Re: Cuse Tops UConn in 6OT's!

Cuse Tops UConn in 6OT's!

Florida_Owl said

Did anyone see this game last night?  I made it through 3 OT's and then had to call it a day…grrr.

Wow, what game…70 minutes of play, and 6 OT's!

Photo NY Daily News

Game Story

I'm a cuse fan I stayed up for the entire thing. I was ready to pull my hair out by the 4th OT. Everyone was fouling out, Onunaku was gone, Devendorf was gone. In my mind, once Thabeet fouled out, that was it UConn was done. That kid is a shot blocking machine and UConn had no inside presence after that

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I'm a cuse fan I stayed up for the entire thing. I was ready to pull my hair out by the 4th OT. Everyone was fouling out, Onunaku was gone, Devendorf was gone. In my mind, once Thabeet fouled out, that was it UConn was done. That kid is a shot blocking machine and UConn had no inside presence after that

i actually have them on my short list of other teams i like too…possibly the best zone team defense, consistently, that there is…can give some teams fits!

JB is a class act…always in check with his emotions…gets his point across without tantrums, etc…

like when they had the call go the other way at the end of regulation…he was calm cool and collected…that stuff comes across to the players…

Back to the top

Looking at the box score, each team played nine players.  In a game like this, especially with even more guys in foul trouble at the end, I would expect that they would have played more players, so I'm thinking that each team only had nine available.

Four players fouled out from each side.  So did each team really have their last five guys on the court?  And of those, UConn had three guys and Syracuse two with four fouls each.  This could have turned into a real mess if it had gone any further.
Back to the top

The said

Looking at the box score, each team played nine players.  In a game like this, especially with even more guys in foul trouble at the end, I would expect that they would have played more players, so I'm thinking that each team only had nine available.

Four players fouled out from each side.  So did each team really have their last five guys on the court?  And of those, UConn had three guys and Syracuse two with four fouls each.  This could have turned into a real mess if it had gone any further.

I think it was in OT # 4 that Syracuse had to start a walk on. I think it was just after Onuaku had fouled out they played a walk on who has totaled 20 minutes all season and had 4 points. This kid was doing jumping jacks to try and get loose while mostly everyone else on the court was barely able to stand up. It was just downright an amazing game. If you missed it's been on ESPN Classic all day and I know it was being replayed on ESPNU if you get it.

You gotta be a pretty good ball player if you can walk on at Syracuse who is in arguably the best conference in college basketball

Back to the top

Jab979 said

You gotta be a pretty good ball player if you can walk on at Syracuse who is in arguably the best conference in college basketball

Spot on Jab…hands down, TBE is the premier men's hoops conference…

When we land a recruit that was offered by a team in TBE, we will have arrived within the SBC…not shading any of our recruits for next season by any means…we did very well overall…

But i am sitting there watching these guys run up and down the floor thinking that the athleticism across the board is absolutley rediculous compared to our league…….
Back to the top

Here we go again…'Cuse and WVA in OT…'Cuse is to be admired given the fact that they went into a 6th OT to seal last night's win…

Legs have to be a factor now…although, they have shown very little, if any, fatigue thus far…
Back to the top

'Cuse to the Championship vs Louisville…

74-69…impressive…

Hopefully, we will be in a similiar situation soon enough - against WKU :P
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

'Cuse to the Championship vs Louisville…

74-69…impressive…

Hopefully, we will be in a similiar situation soon enough - against WKU :P

We'll get there 1 day. The Big East Tourney seems like it's Syracuse's time to shine. A few years ago when Gerry McNamarra was still there, they came out of no where again knocked off UConn and won the big east. They lost in the tourney but that's just their luck lol. Boeheim is an amazing coach and he has them in that zone D which gives even the best teams problems.

Tomorrow should be a good game. I really like Devendorf, the kid's got game! I just wish he would shut his mouth for a damn minute

Back to the top

Grew up a Cuse fan and bleed Orange. Boeheim has a special team on his hands.
Back to the top
Control functions: