Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Hospital on campus... Jupiter campus, that is

Add topic

According to the new PBP article at
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/local_news/epaper/2009/03/17/0317fauholley.html

…we are the top candidate for a new TB/Infections disease hospital; the 60k sq ft building would be built on 3 acres of our Jupiter property next to Scripps/Max Planck.

I hope FAU can land this one. This would be excellent for our research reputation.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like it will just be located on our campus. It won't be owned by us, it will be staffed entirely by UF people… this looks more beneficial for UF than it does for us. It looks like it does very little for us.
Back to the top

Re: Hospital on campus... Jupiter campus, that is

Hospital on campus... Jupiter campus, that is

Since we don't have a med school yet I don't mind it being staffed with UF docs….so I think this would be really a good thing.  The more stuff there is up there the more it becomes a hub, and incubator, that regardless of who is working there, brings acclaim to us at FAU.  Whenever the hospital is mentioned, FAU will also be mentioned, and the biotech hub they are creating will bring more and more interested organizations.  3 acres is nothing to give to UF when in the end it will still say FAU on all the signs coming in.

GO OWLS!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: