Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Off-Campus Housing?

Add topic

Kinda, sorta, but not owned by FAU. My buddy Bobby told me about this.

Apparently some floor plans are $950.00 a month including all utilities, except electricity, and they come fully furnished. Great for the college kid. Great price too. A little pricey, but they make up for it in location.

They have individual leases and can pair you with someone or you can bring a roommate and/or house full. Sounds a lot like the way campus housing worked before the lottery.

And like any good marketing scheme, they are appealing to their market BIG TIME. The pics on the front page are of college kids - one with a book.

www.addisonparkbocaraton.com

It's on the corner of 20th street and 5th - which is the intersection before you enter FAU from 20th street.

Either way - they are opening this at the PERFECT time.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: Off-Campus Housing?

smittysahoot said

they are opening this at the PERFECT time.

Smitty:

Do you know if it is $950 per month, or $950 per month per person??
Back to the top

It's $950 a person, per month. And that's only in one of the models. I'm sure as the rooms/closets/living rooms get bigger, so does the monthly payment.

I remember paying:
  • [li]$475/month in rent; $100 in electricity; $75 in cable = $650 at Pine Tree Point (Hillsboro and Lock Road) in school year 2003-2004.[/li]
    [li]$450 a month in a 3 bedroom/ 2.5 bath townhome in rent; $50 in cable; $75 in electricity = $575[/li]
    [li] $550 a month in a 2 bedroom/2 bath Vinings II Apartment in rent; $75 in cable; $75 in electricity = $700 a month [/li]

Plus add in the gas (not much) and HASSLE ( a lot ) driving to and from campus every day on Glades Road, add in food and add in the cost of furniture I had to buy…

It may be a little pricey, but you're also paying for a pool, fitness center, etc. (but FAU has that) and LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. It's a bike ride away from campus and walkable three or four months of the year.

I have the gut feeling that will become a huge party complex, which is good for those that want to walk to Dunkin Donuts and/or walk back to the dorms. But could be bad if the off-campus parties cause a disturbance on campus if everyone stubmles on to campus.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Yeah that was supposed to be high end real estate…but with all of the housing market woes they seem to have gone another route…i agree with you though…it a great idea given all that you dont have to worry about,etc…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Yeah that was supposed to be high end real estate…but with all of the housing market woes they seem to have gone another route…i agree with you though…it a great idea given all that you dont have to worry about,etc…

Yeah, they're luxury townhomes who call themselves a "true reflection of sophisticated living."

Huh.

I was really disappointed to see that land go to luxury townhomes so I'm glad the market tanked and they're willing to take on college students. I wish Vistazo (on Spanish River) would go that route. I guess technically they are since if a college student can afford the price (in the $2000/month range), they'll put you in there.

I'm glad that one development at the corner of Spanish River and Military tanked (they were houses "starting in the $900ks"). Now it's going to becoming a shopping complex  ;D

Anyway, I know Addison Park is offering all utilities but $950/person still seems way high. Most college students can only afford something in the $600-700 range. And the apartments around it (i.e. Bicycle Club) are cheaper but then again, they're much older. That's the thing about places like Gainesville… sure, they have a lot of apartments but most of those places are about 15-20 years old.

I hope Addison Park gets a lot of college students (they'd fill up if it was $750/month). With its amenities and utlitites included, not to mention the inevitable housing waitlists, I can see more than a few people biting the bullet and moving there. What I've found is more and more of my friends are renting houses and condos instead of apartments; they get a garage, pool, they can have large dogs, etc
Back to the top

Just went by there. Really nice place. They have big signs up saying "Luxury University Living." The application asks what year you are (Freshman, Soph, etc) and the banner roll on the website only shows young adults.

Oh BTW the URL is www.addisonparkatboca.com.

This is awesome. If this takes off, it will open the door to more complexes geared toward students since interested developers will see it was successful.
Back to the top

I hope it becomes a hoping off campus party spot with a bunch of ladies residing there!  At least then i can stumble back to casa del rio lol…
Back to the top

The said

At least then i can stumble back to casa del rio lol…

Back to the top

Off-Campus Housing?

notice in the intro though all the pictures are all college kids it looks like thats who they marketing towards.
Back to the top

On second thought i don't know how much of a "party" complex it will able to be.  After all it is GATED…..
Back to the top
Control functions: