Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

HOOTERS returns to Boca

Add topic

and not far from the old location at all.

As you might have noticed, they're redoing the shopping plaza on Glades that has Moe's (the Moe's actually has a Cinnabon in it now, which is a little weird).

In the middle of the plaza near the back, they're building a Hooters restaurant. There are signs in the window. There was some construction tape on a patio that looked like an outline for an outdoor bar as well.

They're also adding some place called Five Guys Burgers and Fries to the plaza, which is supposedly a pretty good restaurant up north.
Back to the top

Re: HOOTERS returns to Boca

owlcountry said

and not far from the old location at all.

As you might have noticed, they're redoing the shopping plaza on Glades that has Moe's (the Moe's actually has a Cinnabon in it now, which is a little weird).

In the middle of the plaza near the back, they're building a Hooters restaurant. There are signs in the window. There was some construction tape on a patio that looked like an outline for an outdoor bar as well.

They're also adding some place called Five Guys Burgers and Fries to the plaza, which is supposedly a pretty good restaurant up north.

WOW!

Thats great news. I love Hooters wings. Its been a pain in the but driving down to Lauderdale the last few years. It got to be that I only had them on Game days at Lockhart since it was really close. Course that negated a lot of tailgating possiblites.

Thanks for the heads up!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Ive heard 5 five guys are awsome from what my frineds form up north tell '' The best buger you will ever eat'' is all i hear
Back to the top

About time they came back.  Now they need to buy the stadium naming rights to go along with the opening of the resteraunt. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

five guys is awesome, they started in dc and have been working their way through florida over the last couple of years, there is one in ft lauderdale near the port, me and my roommates used to go there all the time when we lived there, a little expensive though, but well worth it, i cant wait for the ones here in tally to be built

its good to hear hooters is coming back, but when i used to work at the quiznos there in glades plaza the owner told me that the owners of the property were considering tearing the whole plaza down and building another mizner park type place because so much of it was empty, maybe that got scrapped
Back to the top

I'm hoping Hooters can at least throw some support our way. I don't know about the naming rights but definitely get some hooters girls to the football games maybe some sponsorships our way. Good to have them back in Boca

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

HOOTERS returns to Boca

Sweet, Hooters is back!  I'll have to make a trip over there next time I'm down that way. And 5 guys is awesome, they're startin to pop up all over the state.  There's a couple in polk county, and we just got one in bradenton.  It's good semi-fast food.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

der said

its good to hear hooters is coming back, but when i used to work at the quiznos there in glades plaza the owner told me that the owners of the property were considering tearing the whole plaza down and building another mizner park type place because so much of it was empty, maybe that got scrapped

That has been discussed. The places is a deadzone. Not sure why except that's what happens when you put in a bunch of overpriced women's clothing stores. There was just no reason to go there.

This redevelopment company came through and gave it new paint, made the buildings taller, etc. Looks like they have a new focus on restaurants. A hoagie shop called Laspada's is opening as well, right near where the Quizno's was, and the website looks a lot like 620-Subs to me.

There is some plan to knock down all the buildings in the plaza by Brewzzi's and turn that into like a ten story mixed use building… office/condos with retail on the bottom. Essentially, Boca is moving upwards… literally. They just approved new ordinances so people could build to 140 feet, so expect more tall buildings to dot the landscape. From what I hear, Boca wants to do a lot of that, become more city-like with high rises and a sophisticated intermodal system of shuttles/trains/buses. FAU and connecting new projects to FAU always comes up in the city planning discussions.

I think it would be pretty awesome to see Boca have a bunch of 'scrapers and have shuttles/buses running to and from campus all the time. Talk about big time university.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

der said

That has been discussed. The places is a deadzone. Not sure why except that's what happens when you put in a bunch of overpriced women's clothing stores. There was just no reason to go there.

This redevelopment company came through and gave it new paint, made the buildings taller, etc. Looks like they have a new focus on restaurants. A hoagie shop called Laspada's is opening as well, right near where the Quizno's was, and the website looks a lot like 620-Subs to me.

There is some plan to knock down all the buildings in the plaza by Brewzzi's and turn that into like a ten story mixed use building… office/condos with retail on the bottom. Essentially, Boca is moving upwards… literally. They just approved new ordinances so people could build to 140 feet, so expect more tall buildings to dot the landscape. From what I hear, Boca wants to do a lot of that, become more city-like with high rises and a sophisticated intermodal system of shuttles/trains/buses. FAU and connecting new projects to FAU always comes up in the city planning discussions.

I think it would be pretty awesome to see Boca have a bunch of 'scrapers and have shuttles/buses running to and from campus all the time. Talk about big time university.

No Offense to 620 Subs. LaSpadas will BLOW it away. This is a perrenial Best of Broward  Sub shop that has honestly the best subs I have EVER eaten.

Hooters coming back, LaSpadas opening up. My poor waistline is SCREWED.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

owlcountry said

der said

No Offense to 620 Subs. LaSpadas will BLOW it away. This is a perrenial Best of Broward  Sub shop that has honestly the best subs I have EVER eaten.

Hooters coming back, LaSpadas opening up. My poor waistline is SCREWED.
ive eaten at laspadas and620 there are about even. But i think i still at 620 more just beacause they support fau
Back to the top
Control functions: