Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rec center Summer hours?

Add topic

Does anyone know if it will even be open in the summer?  I know it's posted May 2nd- Aug 21st as a break!  Maybe because it's new they may reconsider the hours for those taking summer courses?
Back to the top

Re: Rec center Summer hours?

SUMMER HOURS

Saturday 10:00am - 8:00pm
Sunday Noon - 8:00pm
Monday - Friday 6:00am - 8:00pm

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://wise.fau.edu/campusrec/facility/hours.php

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

The said

Does anyone know if it will even be open in the summer?  I know it's posted May 2nd- Aug 21st as a break!  Maybe because it's new they may reconsider the hours for those taking summer courses?

It should be open this summer, albeit with shorter hours. The only reason I can imagine they'd close it completely would be to save money – you know, budget cuts, so they could save some money on electricity. It wouldn't be construction on Phase 2 since that won't inconvenience anybody in the current gym.

I'm sure they'll post Summer Hours soon.
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

SUMMER HOURS

Saturday 10:00am - 8:00pm
Sunday Noon - 8:00pm
Monday - Friday 6:00am - 8:00pm

http://wise.fau.edu/campusrec/facility/hours.php

Nice, i misread that.  By the way completion for phase II has been posted at a Spring 2010 completion date.  I was under the impression it was to be done for Fall 09.
Back to the top

The said

By the way completion for phase II has been posted at a Spring 2010 completion date.  I was under the impression it was to be done for Fall 09.

The Director of Campus Rec told me they were shooting for January but it may slip to the summer.

Every time I pass by there, the cranes are sitting in an empyt lot. No one's there doing anything. I saw some movement for the first time last week when I passed by and saw guys putting pipes in the ground. I hope it's done in January too.
Back to the top

Rec center Summer hours?

owlcountry said

The said

By the way completion for phase II has been posted at a Spring 2010 completion date.  I was under the impression it was to be done for Fall 09.

The Director of Campus Rec told me they were shooting for January but it may slip to the summer.

Every time I pass by there, the cranes are sitting in an empyt lot. No one's there doing anything. I saw some movement for the first time last week when I passed by and saw guys putting pipes in the ground. I hope it's done in January too.

Ughhhh….as much as like this school they still leave so much to be desired…
Back to the top

The said

Well, I understand how you feel but we have to remember that it's never as simple as it seems. Permits, phone calls, paperwork, revisions, meetings, vendors, all sorts of things to juggle on top of their daily functions running the place. From our conversation, the "aquatic element" (the pool) seems to be the most complicated part.

After this, I think Campus Rec will sit pretty for a little bit since the CITF money only comes up once every four years. When it comes up again, which should be about 2012, they're interested in an outdoor skate park of sorts (more rollerskate than skateboard, from the sounds of it).

I like that idea and I also hope they consider a disc golf course (I tried to get the Director of Parks in Boca to incorporate one into their Countess de Hoernle Park they're building on the south side of Spanish River Blvd by the library… but he said they'll consider that for a future phase ::) and redirected me back to Campus Rec), a paintball field, archery range, stuff like that.

Back to the top

The said

How do you figure? What's left to be desired about the Rec center?

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I wish some of the money could be use for our tennis and golf teams!
Our tennis courts are deplorable and with all that space unused, FAU could easily create a golf course not only for the team, but also for visitors.
It's just an idea!

go owls!
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

I wish some of the money could be use for our tennis and golf teams!
Our tennis courts are deplorable and with all that space unused, FAU could easily create a golf course not only for the team, but also for visitors.
It's just an idea!

go owls!

Home and away golf courses on campus?  Huh?  You serious?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: