Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU to the ACC???????

A question from CFN.

Scout.com: ASK CFN - Can Ole Miss Win The BCS Title?

Q: Suppose that for some crazy reason every BCS conference felt the need to expand and add 2 mid-major teams to each of their respective conferences. In your opinion who would go where and why?? – devin

A: The reasoning for each would be a combination of geography and the potential for instant rivalries with nearby schools. School-size and fan base is also part of the equation; it’s not just wins and losses.

ACC: East Carolina and Florida Atlantic
Big East: UCF and Marshall
Big Ten: Notre Dame (I’m making ND a mid-major for purposes of this question. I can’t come up with a second team, but if I had to pick one I’d take Northern Illinois.)
Big 12: Houston and TCU
Pac 10: BYU and Utah (But I’d also add Boise State and Fresno State)
SEC: Memphis and Southern Miss

Guess CFN sees us as a better match geographically for Miami then then FIU.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: FAU to the ACC???????

yeah! FAU is seen as a better team on the field, plus we have a conference title and 2 bowl titles.
FIU has the stadium and 40K students; however, their fan base is really low. Actually it is lower than FAU's.
Let's see what happens in the future!
FAU needs the stadium, larger alumni and of course, the fan base will grow stronger.
It is just a matter of time.

GO OWLS.
Back to the top

I notice that Troy was left out on this one. I would be sure to take Troy for the SEC over Memphis.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I notice that Troy was left out on this one. I would be sure to take Troy for the SEC over Memphis.

GO OWLS!!!

Basketball…
Back to the top

I'd rather see them hypothetically bring each major conference to 14 teams instead of just add 2 randomly.  Big East would need 6 for that whereas SEC only 2.  Then it would become interesting…even so its much ado over nothing.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

HOTEL said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Basketball…

And a much bigger TV market with Memphis.
Back to the top

Memphis may be about to crash and burn.

Rumor mill is HOT that John Callipari is leaveing Memphis to take over Kentucky and taking more then a few of his vaunted recruiting calss with him.

If memphis tanks out in Basketball, CUSA wont be worth a damn and will probably drop behind the SunBelt (if it hasnt already)

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

FAU to the ACC???????

HOTEL said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Basketball…

Then why UCF and Marshall to the BIG EAST and why Southern Miss to the SEC?? I don't believe any of those teams are basketball powerhouses.

I also don't see Marshall or Southern Miss as having a big TV market.

All things equal I would say Troy over Memphis for the SEC for football.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Will the Big 13 still call itself the Big 10?
Back to the top
Control functions: