Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

March 30th Practice Report

The Team held their second full pad practice of the spring today. Individual unit, seven-on-seven and team drills were the focus.

The Defense impressed during the team session early. Josh Savidge got to the quarterback along with Dino Cox. Mark Soto got a couple of stops on running plays, and Edward Bradwell recovered a fumble.

The offense picked things up late in the session, as Rusty Smith was able to find Rob Housler on a post pattern. He later found Cortez Gent and Willie Rose on screens that would lead to decent gains.

The Team returns to practice on Wednesday, April 1 and Friday, April 3 at 3:30 p.m.  The first scrimmage of the spring will be held this Saturday, April 4 at 2 p.m.

Source:  FAU Media Relations

Back to the top

Re: March 30th Practice Report

Florida_Owl said

The Team held their second full pad practice of the spring today. Individual unit, seven-on-seven and team drills were the focus.

The Defense impressed during the team session early. Josh Savidge got to the quarterback along with Dino Cox. Mark Soto got a couple of stops on running plays, and Edward Bradwell recovered a fumble.

The offense picked things up late in the session, as Rusty Smith was able to find Rob Housler on a post pattern. He later found Cortez Gent and Willie Rose on screens that would lead to decent gains.

The Team returns to practice on Wednesday, April 1 and Friday, April 3 at 3:30 p.m.  The first scrimmage of the spring will be held this Saturday, April 4 at 2 p.m.

Source:  FAU Media Relations

We have excellent depth with the backs… Rose, Stinson, Blanchard, Rolle and Floyd. All quick, powerful guys.

Agreed that Mark Soto (44) was impressive today. The whole defensive line was fired up by the end of practices, showing such intensity that it was more like one of those battle scenes from Braveheart than a football scrimmage. They went for blood. By the end of practice, the offense wasn't able to move it more than 5-10 yards at a time.

Which was great because the offense, particularly the running game, was having a field day against the defense on Saturday.

In other news, Kooi and Wilbert are still working on getting the ball exactly where it needs to be. Kooi sometimes underthrows and Wilbert overthrows. Shaking off the rust? Let's hope so.
Back to the top

Hey, F_O is Harmon getting up to speed and never heard if he was 100%? I still think the Soto kid is going to do well
Back to the top

Talon said

Hey, F_O is Harmon getting up to speed and never heard if he was 100%? I still think the Soto kid is going to do well

Yeah, he is working out…i don't know about completely 100%…but he will play in August…unless something happens between now and then…

Ps, nice avitar!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Talon said

he will play in August…unless something happens between now and then…

I hope that doesn't jinx him  :o

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

March 30th Practice Report

owlfan1 said

Florida_Owl said

Talon said

he will play in August…unless something happens between now and then…

I hope that doesn't jinx him  :o

GO OWLS!!!

Happy now?? ;D
Back to the top

I take a small class with Jason.
Next time I see him (dont know when due to a sewage explosion in AL) I'll ask him about his progress.
But honestly this dude is absolutely huge.
Back to the top
Control functions: