Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Practice Notes for April 1st

The offensive line is building cohesion and continues to open holes for running backs Willie Floyd and Avionne Rolle.

The tight ends provided a reliable target throughout practice as a battle for the starting position between Jason Harmon, Jamari Grant and Rob Housler remains.

Linebacker Michael Lockley and defensive back Tarvoris Hill made several athletic pass break-ups on defense.

Thw Team retunrs to the practice field on Friday at 3:30 p.m.

FAU will hold their first scrimmage of the spring on Saturday, April 4 at 2 p.m. at the Oxely Field.

Source:  FAU Media Relations
Back to the top

Re: Practice Notes for April 1st

Ted Hutton reproted that J.Blanchard got hurt do you have any more info
Back to the top

Nothing to offer on that, but can inquire...
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I was there. At least I think I was.

It happened pretty much as you'd imagine it in your head. Blanchard went down on a run, got up and limped off to the side, where he was holding his leg. One of the trainers came over and looked at it, then made him walk around on it. Thought it was something minor. Guess it wasn't.

His leg wasn't bent at an awkward angle or anything.

EDIT: Marcus is reporting on www.fauowlaccess.com that's it's probably a torn ligament.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

FAU running back Jeff Blanchard may miss 2009 football season.

Now, while we do have depth at RB, Blanchard was a very good one. Talented at shedding blockers, tough to take down, always gaining impressive yardage. Rough loss. I suppose this gives time for Rolle and Floyd to develop (much like Housler and Grant developed in the absence of Harmon) though I haven't been too impressed with either of those guys. They're fast, yes, but they're small.

I guess we'll see how it plays out.
Back to the top

Other players impressive in practice:

Kevin Cyrille
Mark Soto
Yourhighness Morgan
Tavoris Hill
Jimmy Jean

and

Jason Harmon is still a playmaker. He had two excellent touchdown passes today, one of which he plucked out of the air about four feet above him.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Obviously, I don't want anyone to get hurt, but if Blanchard is hurt this might give Stinson the chance he needs to impress the coaches for the starting job. Could be a blessing in disguise. 

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Practice Notes for April 1st

Funny thing is I dotn hear ANYTHING about stinson mentioned.

I thought he had done pretty good last year and would contend, but his name just doesnt seem to be talked about.

Any clue?

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

we mentioned him alot last week…where were you?? ;D

Back to the top

I did see his name, but from everything I heard before i thought this kid was going to be knocking at the door, but know that Blanchard is hurt his name isnt even being mentioned as the third back up.

Guess I just expected him to be having more of a "pressence" and making an impact on the starting rotation.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

we mentioned him alot last week…where were you?? ;D

Exactly.

Stinson is on the list for fullback behind Willie Rose (the starter) and Alfred Morris (backup to Rose). So Stinson is third on the list. He wouldn't be ahead of Muniz.

At RB, where Blanchard was, you go from Blanchard to Floyd/Rolle and then… I guess Barasch?

I'm not entirely sure who was converted to FB from RB. For instance, last year's roster has Stinson at RB but I believe he's at FB now.

On a different note, I forgot to mention that Mr. Amos Wood is finally starting to shine. He's been pulling in a lot of great catches. May compete with Lestar Jean for a spot although FAU favors people with game experience and Jean has made some TD catches in games last season.
Back to the top
Control functions: