Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Should Morris move to RB

I know #32 Alfred Morris is listed as the backup to FB Willie Rose. However, after looking at the yardage this kid had during Sat. scrimmage, should he be moved to RB?

Rushing
Alfred Morris: 10-146, 2 TDs
David Muniz: 11-72, 2 TDs
Avionne Rolle: 9-31, 1 fumble
William Rose: 6-25
Xavier Stinson: 4-14
Willie Floyd: 7-13
Avery Holley: 1-3
Rusty Smith: 5- -42

Morris is built like a FB at 222lbs. and no clue as to how fast he is, but with 14.6 yards per carry and 2 TDs, maybe he should be the the No. 1 or 2 RB.

Thoughts???

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Re: Should Morris move to RB

Owlando said

I know #32 Alfred Morris is listed as the backup to FB Willie Rose. However, after looking at the yardage this kid had during Sat. scrimmage, should he be moved to RB?

Rushing
Alfred Morris: 10-146, 2 TDs
David Muniz: 11-72, 2 TDs
Avionne Rolle: 9-31, 1 fumble
William Rose: 6-25
Xavier Stinson: 4-14
Willie Floyd: 7-13
Avery Holley: 1-3
Rusty Smith: 5- -42

Morris is built like a FB at 222lbs. and no clue as to how fast he is, but with 14.6 yards per carry and 2 TDs, maybe he should be the the No. 1 or 2 RB.

Thoughts???

Morris actually impressed me with his limited playing time last year, he can break tackles which is something we need a running back to be able to do.  Once Pierre got stronger and could get by that initial tackler he was a different player.  While Blanchard is listed at #1 on the depth chart, he just seems to small to carry the majority of the load for us.  Plus I think Willie Rose will see a lot of carries this year anyway. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Well I was at the practice and Morris was great, he was running people over and finding the holes to run through, I just don't think he has break away speed. Not that, that should be the determining factor because look at Brandon Jacobs (NY Giants) or Jamal Lewis (Cle Browns). I think we should use him as our # 1 back and see how it goes from there but during practice I would still work out the other RB's like they will be # 1, just in case.

Morris is still young and I like what he has to offer, especially if it comes to a short yardage or goal line situation

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I think he should have been at RB from the beginning. It seems as though we always have small RBs. It would be nice to finally get a 220lb plus running back in there who can punish opponents. I think Morris is the guy to do it.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Should Morris move to RB

owlfan1 said

I think he should have been at RB from the beginning. It seems as though we always have small RBs. It would be nice to finally get a 220lb plus running back in there who can punish opponents. I think Morris is the guy to do it.

I agree, it would be nice to have that size at RB. The top-two RBs in 2008 were both big guys:

Donald Brown
Height 5-10
Weight 210 lbs.

Shonn Greene
Height 5-11
Weight 235 lbs.

I don't know how long Blanchard will be out with his injury, but hopefully Morris will step up at RB.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Owlando said

owlfan1 said

I agree, it would be nice to have that size at RB. The top-two RBs in 2008 were both big guys:

Donald Brown
Height 5-10
Weight 210 lbs.

Shonn Greene
Height 5-11
Weight 235 lbs.

I don't know how long Blanchard will be out with his injury, but hopefully Morris will step up at RB.

It is difficult to pound the ball at a defense with 190-200lb RBs. I think both Morris and Stinson give us valuable options at the RB position.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Sounds like a deadly combo to me with those two on the field at the same time......
Back to the top

Big RB's can def get the job done… For us Quentin Castille has been used more as a short yardage back but proved even in the Gator Bowl that he can run the ball pretty damn well (18 carries, 125 yds).. In his frosh n soph years he came in listed as 6'1 245… This year he's listed as 235… So shed a little weight but obviously not small…  Morris could be interesting…
Back to the top

huskerswrkhavoc said

Big RB's can def get the job done… For us Quentin Castille has been used more as a short yardage back but proved even in the Gator Bowl that he can run the ball pretty damn well (18 carries, 125 yds).. In his frosh n soph years he came in listed as 6'1 245… This year he's listed as 235… So shed a little weight but obviously not small…  Morris could be interesting…

Always nice to have a big back as long he is in shape to carry the load.

I think of guys like Ricky Williams, Ron Dayne, and D.J. Duckett and the success that they had in college.

Granted not all great RBs are big guys, but it is nice to have some size to go to in order to complement the smaller guys.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top
Control functions: