Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Top 100 Football Coachs- Howard Schnellenberger #17!

Found this link while surfing the Nebraska Forums…

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Top_100_..._NCAA.html

Howard Schnellenberger(48-48 at Florida Atlantic and 148-125-3 overall)- If he had stayed at Miami then Schnellenberger would be right up there with Bowden and Paterno in career wins. His 1983 NC win over Nebraska is one of the most memorable games in sports history. He's the only coach Florida Atlantic has had in its 8 year history and what he has accomplished in that time is amazing. In year 2 he led FAU to a #4 national finish in the final 1-AA poll. In year 4 he had FAU in 1-A and by year 7 he had won a conference title with FAU. Last season he won a 2nd bowl game.

Larry Blakeney(144-73-1 at Troy and overall- When Blakeney took the Troy job 18 years ago the Trojans were a D2 school. since 2002 they have been playing 1-A ball. At the 1-AA level Blakeney had 6 teams finish in the top 10. Despite playing a brutal schedule, the Trojans have appeared in 3 bowl games in their first 7 1-A seasons and have only 2 losing seasons.

Rick Stockstill(17-20 at Middle Tennessee and overall)- Stockstill has studied under Lou Holtz and Steve Spurrier, and was one of the nation's top recruiters while at Clemson. He has led MTSU to its first game ever and made a great staff hire when he got the controversial, but talented Tony Franklin to join his staff in 09.

Mario Christobal(6-18 overall and at FIU)- A small facility, bad attendance, 8 year old football program, and little exposure instate are some obstacles facing Christobal at FIU. Still, the Panthers did finish with a 5-7 record in 08 which is a big improvement from the past 2 seasons.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Top 100 Football Coachs- Howard Schnellenberger #17!

Nice recognition. F Mario Cristobal
Back to the top

MSW1818 said

Nice recognition. F Mario Cristobal

2nd that, Cristobal is a tool.
Back to the top

Super Mar-i-DOH!

Back to the top

oh! Cristobal  :o :'( :-[
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Found this link while surfing the Nebraska Forums…

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Top_100_..._NCAA.html

That link is not working. Do you have a different link? I am interested in seeing the complete list and I could not find it by browsing dixiefriedsports.com

Thanks.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Top_100_Coaches_in_NCAA.html

Try this,

Alos ASU coach is on there as well for a total of 5 SunBelt Coach's

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Top 100 Football Coachs- Howard Schnellenberger #17!

owlfamily said

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Top_100_Coaches_in_NCAA.html

Try this,

Alos ASU coach is on there as well for a total of 5 SunBelt Coach's

Thanks.

Butch Davis #5??? That is a stretch if you ask me.

Dan Hawkins #74??? That one also doesn't make sense. Sure he hasn't been great at Colorado, but he put Boise State on the map.

This list is all messed up.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

This must be all D1A coaches since I don't see D1AA coaches like Erk Russell who won 3 national D1AA championships with GA Southern.  Those were some great teams under Russell.  So out of 120 D1A teams, Cristobal with a 6-18 record is better than 31 other coaches. OK  ???

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

So out of 120 D1A teams, Cristobal with a 6-18 record is better than 31 other coaches. OK  ???

:D
Back to the top
Control functions: