Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Housing Fair

Add topic

"Are you looking for a place to live? Not sure where to start? The Division of Student Affairs is helping to bring resources to you!

On Thursday, April 16, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Housing Lawn, the Division of Student Affairs and Off Campus Partners will host a Housing Fair. We will have representatives from apartment complexes and a variety of communities around Florida Atlantic University. You will be able to explore the options of various communities without having to drive around. Representatives from service providers such as Comcast and FPL will be there as well.

We hope you stop by and take advantage of this opportunity to gain lots of information at the same place at the same time! Visit the tables and you will be able to enter a drawing for some great prizes!"

This may be a bit more effective than the online tool FAU currently offers.  Happy House Hunting!…..
Back to the top

Re: FAU Housing Fair

I think that this is a really good idea. Most everyone is unhappy with the lottery because they don't have any place to live and although it won't fix things next year, it still shows that housing is concerned about those who didn't get housing.

Just to give everyone an idea. We have about 2400 beds on campus and only 800 of were available to students who live on campus now. So there are 1600 people that are very unhappy and don't have any place to live. But either way people are getting screwed. Its either freshman that come here expecting housing and don't get it, or those who already live here and expect it. We really need those apartments or dorms to go up in 2010
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I think that this is a really good idea. Most everyone is unhappy with the lottery because they don't have any place to live and although it won't fix things next year, it still shows that housing is concerned about those who didn't get housing.

Just to give everyone an idea. We have about 2400 beds on campus and only 800 of were available to students who live on campus now. So there are 1600 people that are very unhappy and don't have any place to live. But either way people are getting screwed. Its either freshman that come here expecting housing and don't get it, or those who already live here and expect it. We really need those apartments or dorms to go up in 2010

Well, i hope those 1,600 don't transfer to another school that has enough housing or a cheaper off-campus market.  I can't see Addison Park bringing in that many students.

COME TO CASA DEL RIO LADIES!!!!!!……… ;D
Back to the top

The said

FAUfasho said

Well, i hope those 1,600 don't transfer to another school that has enough housing or a cheaper off-campus market.  I can't see Addison Park bringing in that many students.

I see addison park haveing to lower its prices becuase they arent going to fill those places in this market
Back to the top

FAU Housing Fair

owlcountry40 said

The said

FAUfasho said

I see addison park haveing to lower its prices becuase they arent going to fill those places in this market

I hope so, 950$ is cheap for East Boca but nowhere near college cheap.  I wish the city of Boca Raton and FAU would come to some type of special rate agreement with landlords to help college kids out.
Back to the top

The said

owlcountry40 said

The said

FAUfasho said

I see Addison park having to lower its prices because they aren't going to fill those places in this market

I hope so, 950$ is cheap for East Boca but nowhere near college cheap.  I wish the city of Boca Raton and FAU would come to some type of special rate agreement with landlords to help college kids out.
The thing about Addison is they are marketing to college kids if you look at there web site its all young people i think they will have no choice. Also with less upper classmen in the dorms it will force more of them in to places like the bicycle club casa del rio making the area much more collegey and that will make older people even less likely to move into Addison
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

The said

owlcountry40 said

The said

FAUfasho said

I see Addison park having to lower its prices because they aren't going to fill those places in this market

The thing about Addison is they are marketing to college kids if you look at there web site its all young people i think they will have no choice. Also with less upper classmen in the dorms it will force more of them in to places like the bicycle club casa del rio making the area much more collegey and that will make older people even less likely to move into Addison

Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!!  I'd love to see the complex's on 20th street overtaken by FAU'ers!!!! :)
Back to the top
Control functions: