Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU - Today's Featured Article on Wikipedia

Add topic

FAU - Today's Featured Article on Wikipedia

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Re: FAU - Today's Featured Article on Wikipedia

Awesome. We've made it to the big time now. LOL

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Thats crazy out of all the millions of things on wiki we get chosen to be featrued article.
Back to the top

"For the undergraduate class of 2012, the acceptance rate was 54%"

How do we know the acceptance rate for 2012 already? ???

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

It's only as accurate as people update it.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

walty12 said

You're reading it wrong. The "class of X" usually means the year the class graduates. So the class of 2012 are the students who entered FAU in the 2008-2009 academic year.  :)
Back to the top

Lago said

walty12 said

You're reading it wrong. The "class of X" usually means the year the class graduates. So the class of 2012 are the students who entered FAU in the 2008-2009 academic year.  :)

Correct.

Understand that the 54% includes a number of things from the class entering in Fall 2008. It's a little misleading.

In 2008:
- only 49% of high school seniors (first time in college freshmen) were admitted.
- 74% of community college transfers were admitted (Florida law basically says a CC transfer has to be admitted to a FL university)
- 51% undergrad transfers were admitted who applied from other universities.

When you do all the calculations for those three categories, you're looking at 54% acceptance for undergrad.

But since most people are interested in how many high school seniors were admitted, you're really looking at an acceptance rate to FAU of 49% out of high school.
Back to the top

One of the reasons it was chosen is because the Wikipedia community considers this article well written. A lot of things go into this. The prose as well as the lack of POV and all facts have a reference.

see the discussion page.

Talk:Florida Atlantic University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

One of the reasons it was chosen is because the Wikipedia community considers this article well written. A lot of things go into this. The prose as well as the lack of POV and all facts have a reference.

see the discussion page.

Yes. I am the primary author. It has taken a huge amount of time and effort to get the article to where it is at now. If anybody has any questions or suggestions I would be happy to discuss.
Back to the top

Lago said

illinoisowl said

see the discussion page.

Yes. I am the primary author. It has taken a huge amount of time and effort to get the article to where it is at now. If anybody has any questions or suggestions I would be happy to discuss.

Aaaaaah, so you're on there, I never made the connection. There was one person on there a few years ago, "interestingstuffadder" or something like that who was possessed to keep the "find another university" tidbit in the article. He fought for it for a while. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: