Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Get out your red and blue costumes

Homecoming is October 31st, 2009.
Back to the top

Re: Get out your red and blue costumes

Get out your red and blue costumes

Dang it. I'll be missing that too.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Got my costume picked out: Captain Owlmerica.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Owlando said

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Owlando said

Haha! Love it!

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Hope everyone goes to the Homecoming events… not just the game.

Wednesday - Talon Awards
Thursday - Parade and BBQ

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Hope everyone goes to the Homecoming events… not just the game.

Wednesday - Talon Awards
Thursday - Parade and BBQ

I loved that they put so much effort into the floats for last year's parade. The parade has such potential to be a huge event for us. On the other hand, since the Director of Marketing for last year's Homecoming did less than nothing, the event was an embarassment to trot out all those spectacular floats in front of less than thirty people.

The game, the parade, the window painting and Fall Family Fest. Those are the best parts of Homecoming for me.
Back to the top

People also need to look at the Homecoming calendar and go to the events. While the responsibility of marketing goes on FAU's shoulders, it's also our responsibility to not wait around. We have to go out and find the information!

Back to the top

smittysahoot said

People also need to look at the Homecoming calendar and go to the events. While the responsibility of marketing goes on FAU's shoulders, it's also our responsibility to not wait around. We have to go out and find the information!

Totally disagree.

Sports marketers need to aggressively promote their product and events.  The success of an event should never be left up to the fan searching for information on what and where.  FAU needs to promote the heck out games and events.  And it isn't about money.  With today's emerging media options, brilliant marketers are reaching their target consumer more effectively than ever without purchasing traditional media such as tv, radio, print, even outdoor.  It isn't rocket science yet FAU marketing is always stuck in neutral.

As a developing program with a very young fan base, if we leave the growth of the program up to students and the local community, the program will grow at a snail's pace.  With the right marketing, fans are brought in from all over South Florida to attend an event.  They don't even have to be football fans.  We need butts in seats.  It's disappointing to always hear how complacent we as supporters have become with the reactive marketing at FAU.  I apologize for being off topic here, but homecoming should be a huge event at FAU.  I graduated right before the football program was started and homecoming was non-existent back then.  10 years later, I don't see much improvement and we have a 2-time bowl championship team to support. 
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Okay but when your job title is Director of Marketing and you do little to no marketing then you've kicked sand in the face of everyone who put so much effort into making the event possible. Adding insult to injury, I'm pretty sure these are PAID positions as well!

OWLUMNI put a lot of effort into making this the best parade ever and all he needed was someone to put up banners, chalk the ground, create a Facebook group, whatever. I've done all of this for the university so I know it doesn't take a lot of time or effort.

Yet none of that was done. I know because I spent some time walking around campus looking for it. And that's unacceptable. It's unacceptable now in college and it will be unacceptable later on in the "real world" as well.
Back to the top
Control functions: