Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN Non BCS mailbag FAU vs Nebraska...

Error Page

Danno from Philadelphia, Penn., writes: Graham: How good is Florida Atlantic? Tim Griffin, ESPN's Big 12 reporter, says that Bo Pelini of Nebraska passed the opportunity to show his spring game on nationwide TV because Pelini thinks FAU is so good that the Huskers can't show them the teams or schemes. Is FAU that good that the Huskers need to fear them even this early in the spring? Thanks.

G-Dub: FAU is going to be good, yes. They didn't lose a lot of guys from last year and they brought in a couple new coaches that will greatly improve the consistency of the team. But as far as Nebraska being worried about the Owls, I think that's just posturing. It's not that Florida Atlantic couldn't beat Nebraska, but I think FAU will be a double-digit underdog when it comes game time. It's probably more that Nebraska is adding some new wrinkles and doesn't want to give anything away.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: ESPN Non BCS mailbag FAU vs Nebraska...

Put this on the NU message board...they will go crazy...
Back to the top

It was already mentioned over there. Thats why i started the Respect from Neb coachs post here.

Grahams a LIL behind on her mailbag, which is understandable since they dump ALL the non-bcs teams, PLUS Notre Dame on her to cover for her blog.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Check your PMS...
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Error Page

Danno from Philadelphia, Penn., writes: Graham: How good is Florida Atlantic? Tim Griffin, ESPN's Big 12 reporter, says that Bo Pelini of Nebraska passed the opportunity to show his spring game on nationwide TV because Pelini thinks FAU is so good that the Huskers can't show them the teams or schemes. Is FAU that good that the Huskers need to fear them even this early in the spring? Thanks.

G-Dub: FAU is going to be good, yes. They didn't lose a lot of guys from last year and they brought in a couple new coaches that will greatly improve the consistency of the team. But as far as Nebraska being worried about the Owls, I think that's just posturing. It's not that Florida Atlantic couldn't beat Nebraska, but I think FAU will be a double-digit underdog when it comes game time. It's probably more that Nebraska is adding some new wrinkles and doesn't want to give anything away.

i'm not familiar with how much no huddle you run, but nebraska is putting in a defense that's supposed to run the same was a no huddle offense, and so they aren't wanting to show that(it could work it could fall flat on it's face but defense's in the big 12 need to do something to stop the no huddle craze here).
Back to the top

vuren said

i'm not familiar with how much no huddle you run, but nebraska is putting in a defense that's supposed to run the same was a no huddle offense, and so they aren't wanting to show that(it could work it could fall flat on it's face but defense's in the big 12 need to do something to stop the no huddle craze here).

We ran it some season before last, but not too much last season…that's how we beat MINN when they had that stellar 1-11 season ::)
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

vuren said

We ran it some season before last, but not too much last season…that's how we beat MINN when they had that stellar 1-11 season ::)

i feel bad for that one team they did beat…
Back to the top

ESPN Non BCS mailbag FAU vs Nebraska...

vuren said

owlfamily said

Error Page

I thought the only call for a defense against a no-huddle offense was base.  ;)

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: