Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rivals rankings of the Non BCS Coachs...

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conten...CID=935221

15. Howard Schnellenberger, Florida Atlantic. He's an icon. Schnellenberger is doing at FAU what he did at Miami – laying the foundation.

Other SunBelt Coach's…

I was a little surprised that Blakeney was ahead of HS, but Troy has had the dominant team for a while in the SBC so I guess that would be why.

12. Larry Blakeney, Troy. A wily veteran who has a knack of unearthing hidden gems.

28. Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee State. "Stock" paid his dues, learning from some of the best. And he has put the knowledge to good use at MTSU.

33. Steve Roberts, Arkansas State. He works in the shadows, but Roberts is respected by his peers.

37. Charlie Weatherbie, Louisiana-Monroe. He will live off that victory at Alabama in 2007 forever.

41. Mario Cristobal, Florida International. If he were a stock, Cristobal would have a "buy" rating. He's young, smart, motivated and energized.

42. Rickey Bustle, Louisiana-Lafayette. Bustle brings boundless energy to the job, but has been unable to deliver a breakthrough.

54. Todd Dodge, North Texas. His first two seasons at UMT have been a struggle for the former Texas prep coach.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: Rivals rankings of the Non BCS Coachs...

owlfamily said

54. Todd Dodge, North Texas. His first two seasons at UMT have been a struggle for the former Texas prep coach.

:D

To say the least!
Back to the top

Link doesn't work.
Back to the top

"Non-BCS" Coaching rankings list is offensive

April 14, 2009

Tom Dienhart
Rivals.com College Football Senior Writer

They may not be in the same income bracket as their "Big Six" brethren, but many non-"Big Six" coaches can stand shoulder to shoulder with heavyweights such as Oklahoma's Bob Stoops, USC's Pete Carroll, Florida's Urban Meyer and Virginia Tech's Frank Beamer.

12. Larry Blakeney, Troy. A wily veteran who has a knack of unearthing hidden gems.

15. Howard Schnellenberger, Florida Atlantic. He's an icon. Schnellenberger is doing at FAU what he did at Miami – laying the foundation.

20. George O'Leary, UCF. The hard-driving O'Leary's results speak for themselves.

28. Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee State. "Stock" paid his dues, learning from some of the best. And he has put the knowledge to good use at MTSU.

33. Steve Roberts, Arkansas State. He works in the shadows, but Roberts is respected by his peers.

37. Charlie Weatherbie, Louisiana-Monroe. He will live off that victory at Alabama in 2007 forever.

41. Mario Cristobal, Florida International. If he were a stock, Cristobal would have a "buy" rating. He's young, smart, motivated and energized.

42. Rickey Bustle, Louisiana-Lafayette. Bustle brings boundless energy to the job, but has been unable to deliver a breakthrough.

Rivals.com message board -comments about the article "Non-BCS" Coaching rankings list is offensive

Back to the top

I don't get the whole Cristobal love fest. He inherited a team that won 1 game in 3 seasons and this year they win 5 oooooh. OK I'll admit they're a better team he's gotten some better recruits but until they win or share a division title with him as coach and when they win a bowl game then i'd say OK Cristobal is a great coach and he deserves all this hype he's getting.

He's not a bad coach and he's improved them, but honestly after the job Strock did it really couldn't have gotten much worse. Even UNT wins a game by accident lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Rivals rankings of the Non BCS Coachs...

I'll be honest guys I don't know a single one of those names besides your coach's. :(
Back to the top

Landlordos7 said

I'll be honest guys I don't know a single one of those names besides your coach's. :(

You don't know who this is: 20. George O'Leary, UCF. The hard-driving O'Leary's results speak for themselves.  ?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

Landlordos7 said

You don't know who this is: 20. George O'Leary, UCF. The hard-driving O'Leary's results speak for themselves.  ?

What results?? I really don't get the O'Leary pick.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Dusky forgot to put up his SARCASM sign I think OF1.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: