Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fau's Strength and Conditioning Program

Many times in the past the Fau strength program has been called into question and judging from the recent pro day results it appears that the concern is valid. I heard recently that the head Strength and Conditioning trainer was no longer with FAU and a new person was named to that position. Does anyone know who he is; or have any information on how (if at all) that aspect is progressing?

Back to the top

Re: Fau's Strength and Conditioning Program

I think they made a change a year or so ago. I don't know off hand who the new coach is. Check the football webpage for info.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

This is the current page of strength and conditioning.

Florida Atlantic Owls Official Athletic Site - Athletics

There was someone on Ted's blog last week whose POV sounded like an FAU student or alumn. He was really blasting FAU for not having adequate strength training facilities and not feeding the players enough. He claims the larger programs have "training tables" where athletes are "fed like kings", (quoting him).

Flip Flop Football | Kevin Cyrille emerges from the shadows for FAU

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

They kids don't get nearly enough food $$ , especially the ones who are trying to gain/maintain 260+ weight. I do know they like the current strength program and are seeing benefits.

"Training Tables" - are these funded by boosters? Could sure use some of them.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

There was someone on Ted's blog last week whose POV sounded like an FAU student or alumn. He was really blasting FAU for not having adequate strength training facilities and not feeding the players enough. He claims the larger programs have "training tables" where athletes are "fed like kings", (quoting him).

at least for nebraska during the 90's the team at the training table had filet mingon, alaskan crap, lobster, all sorts of expensive fish, good nebraskan raised angus beef.  and the like(this is from hero of the underground where i get it) now due to the ncaa we can't serve that caliber of food but it's still better then what you can buy for 20 or 30 dollars a plate at a resturant.
Back to the top

Training tables are common in all major programs. Think of a huge buffet but with quality and quantity. Players can go in and eat until their hearts and stomachs are content and the food type is monitored so it isn't like going to the lunch room and filling up on sloppy joes, pizza, and tater tots.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Fau's Strength and Conditioning Program

illinoisowl said

Here is the problem that I see. FAU has two strength and conditioning guys to work with ALL athletes. FAU does not have a dedicated football strength and conditioning coach. That makes a HUGE difference. Most schools have a specific strength and conditioning coach or multiple coaches for football alone. To have FAU's coach dividing his time between 18 different sports is crazy.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

illinoisowl said

[/quote}

Here is the problem that I see. FAU has two strength and conditioning guys to work with ALL athletes. FAU does not have a dedicated football strength and conditioning coach. That makes a HUGE difference. Most schools have a specific strength and conditioning coach or multiple coaches for football alone. To have FAU's coach dividing his time between 18 different sports is crazy.

GO OWLS!!!

Just life in a mid major.

Maybe one day well get there but for now you make do with what you have. FAU's success on the field is proof that you CAN compete in FBS football without all the bells and whistles. Dont get me wrong, I WANT those bells and whistles too, but untill we can afford them this will have to do.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

We have 4 full time strength and conditioning coaches (1 of those 4 is a full time GA). We also consistently have 2-3 unpaid or academic interns each year.
Back to the top
Control functions: