Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Louisville's Petino Reports Alledged Extortion Attempt to FBI

Add topic

Louisville's Petino Reports Alledged Extortion Attempt to FBI

"LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Louisville coach Rick Pitino says he is the victim of an extortion attempt and has forwarded the information to the FBI.

Pitino reported the threats to authorities last month, and the FBI is investigating, the university said in a statement released Saturday. The statement did not specify the nature of the threats.

The investigation involves the estranged wife of one of Pitino's staff members, equipment manager Tim Sypher."

"I am devastated by the bizarre allegations that my estranged wife is making against both Coach Pitino and myself," the release said. "At this point, my primary concern is for my young daughter and four stepsons, both to the impact of their mother's actions on them, as well as the impact on Coach's family and the university."

Full Story

Source: ESPN
Back to the top

Re: Louisville's Petino Reports Alledged Extortion Attempt to FBI

Still unclear if it was forced, or consensual…courts will decide…messy case to say the least…but, upon intial glance, looks like the gal is out for Pitino's $$$ …however, he did play a part in this himself, and should be held accountable as he was married at the time:

"She acknowledged in the interview that it also didn't make sense that Tim Sypher would continue to work for Pitino knowing the coach had sexually assaulted the woman who later became his wife. The Syphers were married in 2004 but she filed for divorce in March.

In an interview with the newspaper earlier this year, she also was unable to explain why she had married Sypher, given that by her account, he didn't come to her aid when Pitino allegedly assaulted her and she says she was screaming for help."

Pitino now tells police he had consensual sex with Sypher

Back to the top

EVERYONE in this situation is so F___ed up!
Back to the top

UL Pitino lashes out about revived accusations

A seething Rick Pitino said he could stay on the sidelines no longer.
Read Full Article
Back to the top

Re: UL Pitino lashes out about revived accusations

"Seething"??

The guy cheated on his wife…lol
Back to the top

Latest developments…

Ky. woman guilty of extortion in coach Pitino case

A Kentucky woman was convicted Thursday of demanding millions of dollars from Rick Pitino to keep secret their one-night stand in a restaurant, then claiming the Louisville basketball coach raped her after he reported the extortion.

Pitino said the sex lasted "15 seconds" and was "unfortunate."

Full Story

Back to the top

Rick said

Latest developments…

Ky. woman guilty of extortion in coach Pitino case

A Kentucky woman was convicted Thursday of demanding millions of dollars from Rick Pitino to keep secret their one-night stand in a restaurant, then claiming the Louisville basketball coach raped her after he reported the extortion.

Pitino said the sex lasted "15 seconds" and was "unfortunate."

Full Story

Haha, the story of my life.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Don't think I would be sharing that with anyone Walty!

;D
Back to the top

Hey Rick, Rick did and it ain't something I would mention in public (ever) and does nothing to help his reputation with the ladies who think he is handsome.

Handsome… but VERY quick, sorry ladies!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: