Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU License plates count in 2008

Add topic

Florida Atlantic University is about to turn 50 years of existence, with over 110,000 degrees issued is very surprising to see the low number of vehicles in our state showcasing our beautiful  FAU license plate. Is it lack of interest from the school or the students? Is it lack of information out there or just students and alumni not caring or not showing pride.

UF        = 113,562
FSU      = 75,107
UM       = 29,355
FAMU    = 20,965
UCF      = 15,060
USF      = 14,718
Bethune = 6,761
FIU       = 3,015
FAU      = 2,599
NSU     = 2,475

and so on,,,,,

Obviously the majority of these schools are older or have a larger alumni base, but is it a pride thing?
I guess time will only tell, but remember that $20.00 go to FAU every time somebody renews their FAU license plate.

thanks,

http://www.flhsmv.gov/specialtytags/tagsales2008.pdf

DO YOU HAVE ONE ON YOUR CAR?
Back to the top

Re: FAU License plates count in 2008

Got mine!

Hate to see FIU ahead of us, but oh well they have to be higher then us in SOMETHING I guess.

;D

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

What's up with the second to last one on the list…"Horse Country"??

Will NEVER sell!
Back to the top

17,000 people have the Largemouth Bass plate and we can only muster up 2,600??? What is wrong with our alumni base??

If you're adamant enough about FAU to read this board, then you should have one of these plates on your car. Everyone knows you can do it all online now right? No waiting in line at the DMV anymore. But if you're a fan of instant gratification, you can go to the Florida State tag office on Congress in Delray, pay the money and get the tag right then an there. It's just north of Atlantic on Congress, east side of the road-literally took me 5 minutes when I did this a few years back.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

17,000 people have the Largemouth Bass plate and we can only muster up 2,600??? What is wrong with our alumni base??

:D
Back to the top

I have one! I had the old angry chicken one and then got the new one. I love it.

I've seen them around, albeit infrequently and obviously nowhere near on the same level as other schools. I've been looking and I've been noticing that FAU and Boca has been polarizing; I only really see FAU and UF stuff anymore. Once in awhile I run across a Florida State, a UCF, almost never an FIU.

The problem of why we don't have more has all the usual explanations: not enough students, not enough pride/reason to care for some people, not enough awareness/marketing, people don't remember when they go to the tag office, etc. I have friends who went to undergrad and grad school at FAU, follow the football team, once in awhile attend the basketball games, etc and they still simply shrug it off when I get on them about buying the license plate.

So right now I guess it's mostly FAU football fans, athletes and Greeks who have it (the Greeks usually get the plate and then above it they'll have the license plate frame with their letters on it).

As the school's popularity grows, so to will the license plate count.

They used to hang the license plate banner in the Breezeway but I haven't seen that in, what, at least a year? I don't know why… they obviously have it… might as well use it.

Then push it at Orientation, push it at graduation and people from FAU need to work with local tag offices to get some sort of plate up in there.

Who do we talk to about that? FAU Marketing? Or the Alumni Association? Probably NAA, right?
Back to the top

The FAUNAA or University Advancement deal with this. The Pride Plate link is on the FAUNAA page.

People know about it, they just don't do it for some reason. :*(

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

A lot of people may live out of state where the plate's not available or maybe they live with their parents still, so they don't really think about it, their parents handle everything?

Not really sure, don't want to keep making excuses. I know a few of the Dirty Birds (myself included) have them, while others for some reason don't

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Well, it's only $20.00 extra per year and certain percentage goes to FAU, which I think is a small contribution to the school in some way.
What a better excuse than showing your pride and helping the school at the same time.

In other states you can pay extra just to have the logo of your school; even though, you are not in florida. The license plate has the logo on the left hand side and the words Florida Atlantic University in the bottom with the respective state on the top; so if you feel proud and wanna help, but live some where within the US; you can get the FAU's tag.

I don't know how the school handles this and I can't judge their performance, but they need to be more aggressive.

If you don't have yours, GET IT NOW.
Back to the top

FAU License plates count in 2008

Set up a booth at orientation (and in the breezeway every week) with 20 dollar bills in a register.  If you sign up your car you get 20 bucks cash right then…then that person goes on a list and for the rest of the time they are registered for at least 1 class they get 20 dollars off their tuition, making the license free while they are in school.  Hell give em a shirt too when they sign up.  Once they have the tag theyre hooked and will probably keep it.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: