Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Thoughts on the 2009 Dolphins Draft?

Add topic

I like the addition of Pat White…just wondering where they will use him?  Can anyone see him playing QB at all??
Back to the top

Re: Thoughts on the 2009 Dolphins Draft?

I'm a little curious as to why the Dolphins are going to stay with the Wildcat offense.  Aside from catching the Patriots off guard with it early in the season it was overall not that effective.  Baltimore had no issue containing it in the two times they played Miami.  It's a cute little system lol but i don't see it bringing a championship to Miami anytime soon.
Back to the top

White could be a threat in that given his speed, but yeah, it's only a mix in play…can't be bread and butter by any means…
Back to the top

I think with Pat White in the Wildcat it can be a lot more effective against a team like Baltimore for example. They did throw out of the formation a few times but you aren't going to trust Ronnie Brown to complete a pass downfield. Pat White can make those throws. We'll see how it works out, but I like that they are trying something creative.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

We'll see how it works out, but I like that they are trying something creative.

Agree…creativity was a major means for this season's unexpected success…
Back to the top

Thoughts on the 2009 Dolphins Draft?

I'm not so convinced with this pick. I mean, basically you used your first round draft pick to get someone who will only play a couple  downs a game? I would have gone for a WR or a tight end
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I'm not so convinced with this pick. I mean, basically you used your first round draft pick to get someone who will only play a couple  downs a game? I would have gone for a WR or a tight end

He projects to be an Antwaan Randle-El type player. It is nice to have a mulit-faceted guy on offense. Teams always have to be aware of where he is on the field and what he might be doing. I think he will be a good fit for Miami.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: