Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

DEADLINE!?!?!

Add topic

I am not 100% on this, but I believe I read somewhere that FAU has until May 1, 2009 to secure a deal to break ground for the on-campus stadium in order for it to be built and open on time for the first home game of 2010. Can anyone confirm this date?

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Re: DEADLINE!?!?!

Cri cri cri cri cri!!  ::)

;)
Back to the top

DEADLINE!?!?!

Oh, we built it already. It's 1000 seats. That's what our $3 million got us.

We're going to sell out every game!

NO TICKETS TO THE UNT GAME ARGGGGHHHH

There will be riots in the Breezeway!
Back to the top

June 1st is the date
Back to the top

At this point we all need to accept that the stadium is not going to be open until 2011.  Even though I'm sure by Thanksgiving we're still going to be getting the "We're in the works/ Holding pattern" rhetoric….. ::)
Back to the top

The said

At this point we all need to accept that the stadium is not going to be open until 2011.

Well if this is true, where are we going to play our 2010 home games? Lockhart will be demolished, Dolphin Stadium will be hosting the Dolphins, Hurricanes and Marlins; there is no way they can fit FAU in there unless all our home games were on Thursday nights or something.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Owlando said

The said

At this point we all need to accept that the stadium is not going to be open until 2011.

Well if this is true, where are we going to play our 2010 home games? Lockhart will be demolished, Dolphin Stadium will be hosting the Dolphins, Hurricanes and Marlins; there is no way they can fit FAU in there unless all our home games were on Thursday nights or something.

I dont think so.

Lockhart was only going to be torn down IF the Orioles bought it and expanded the complex for Baseball. I believe they actually went another direction so Lockhart will be there.

It will be a CRIME to host Michigan State there. For once I hope that we use Dolphin Stadium for this game.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I thought we can only afford one game at Dolphin Stadium. In 2010 we host FIU @ dolphin stadium, so Michigan State might be held at Lockhart.

Back to the top

Lockhart is not getting torn down.
I would imagine we would try and get MSU at Dolphin Stadium. But if we don't think 40,000 people would show up, then why have it there? The cost would be too high.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Well, we're not in the business of drawing 40k fans to anything so why not have it at Lockhart? I thought the USF game at Lockhart (our best attendance in years) was awesome. If we could fill that place with 20k people, lets do it, for a small venue that place rocks when it's packed. Who cares what the Michigan State people have to say about it.

I'd still like to be playing in Boca but if it doesn't happen, let them come to our sandy field in an industrial park! It's to our advantage.
Back to the top
Control functions: