Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU's Jervonte Jackson gets deal with Eagles

Reported on Ted Hutton's Blog

Former FAU defensive lineman Jervonte Jackson made the most of his tryout with the Eagles during their recent minicamp.

Jackson was impressive enough to be signed to a free-agent deal, according to his agent.

That means FAU now has two players, Jackson and LB Frantz Joseph, who have free agent deals.

They are not assured of a roster spot, but now are in position to compete for one.

Jackson lost 15 pounds since the end of the season as he worked out with Joseph to prepare for the draft.

Jackson's half-brother, Jamaal, is center for the Eagles, and also was an undrafted free agent.

Joseph's minicamp with the Raiders begins Friday.
Back to the top

Re: FAU's Jervonte Jackson gets deal with Eagles

SWEET.

I heard Small didnt get an offer.  :-[

Lets hope for the best for Frantz and Jervonte.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Good news. I fully expect Frantz to make the roster. I see Jackson as being an extra body in camp, but not making it down to the 52 man roster. No matter what happens I hope that they both have success.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

FAU's Jervonte Jackson gets deal with Eagles

It's so weird that I used to have classes at with these guys and now they're on NFL teams. Something we're not yet used to at FAU. Congratz, guys. I know they both signed for the league minimum, but hopefully, both Frantz and Jervonte will be generous enough to give a little back to FAU.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

what's the league minimum amount?
I wouldn't expect any help from them. They should take care of their families.
I don't think they are getting plenty of money, so donations should not be expected from them.
What about all the players that have free agent deals with other teams in the past?
Have they contributed money wise to the school?

bye
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

what's the league minimum amount?
I wouldn't expect any help from them. They should take care of their families.
I don't think they are getting plenty of money, so donations should not be expected from them.
What about all the players that have free agent deals with other teams in the past?
Have they contributed money wise to the school?

bye

I dont think any of them actually made any NFL roster. Some caught the practice squads and 1 or 2 went to NFL Europe when that was running.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

I dont think any of them actually made any NFL roster. Some caught the practice squads and 1 or 2 went to NFL Europe when that was running.

I think former QB Jarrod Allen may have made the Buc's roster his first year with them, but not 100% on that. The league minimum is a little over $300,000 a year. Frantz signed a two year deal worth up to $700,000+ . I agree they need to take care of their families first and don't expect a large donation, but every little bit helps.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Owlando said

owlfamily said

I think former QB Jarrod Allen may have made the Buc's roster his first year with them, but not 100% on that. The league minimum is a little over $300,000 a year. Frantz signed a two year deal worth up to $700,000+ . I agree they need to take care of their families first and don't expect a large donation, but every little bit helps.

They have to make the roster and stick with the team before they see any big chunk of that money. They might be collecting paychecks now, but they are not in a position to start giving money back to the university. When Frantz signs his second contract the university can give him a call.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: