Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Should Our Band Forgoe The Shula Bowl If FIU Loses Their Band

Should The Band Forgoe The Shula Bowl If FIU Loses Their Band

Yes, It's The Honarable Thing To Do
What, Are You Crazy?
Give the FIU Dance Team Kazoos

You must select between 1 and 36 options

Read HERE for background, but in essence there is consideration being had surrounding our band forgoing the game at FIU this year if the Panther's end up losing their band…what say's you about this notion??

Back to the top

Re: Should Our Band Forgoe The Shula Bowl If FIU Loses Their Band

Shula bowl is HUGE this year everyone.

For once the FIU fans seem pumped up about it. They are still stinging from the overtime win by us last year that stopped them from being 6-6 and with UM now out of the picture this rivalry is poised to take off.

FIU has a decent team this year and being the last game of the year could VERY easily determine many things in confrence beyond even the satisfaction of beating them in the Shula Bowl yet again.

What better way to do it then have our band playing the fight song whenever we score and there being only clapping and cheering on there side.

If there was one game I'd say it was critical this year ahead of time its this one.

We need the band and every FAU fan to get to this one.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Is this even a decision the band can make? Wouldn't FAU admin decide things such as this since they are the ones providing the band with a budget? It's a nice gesture for sure, but if the band participates less, wouldn't FAU admin want to reduce your budget? I am just speculating here.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

It's not our fault and should not sacrifice our spirit because their money issues. They built a brand new stadium with no money to spare obviously.

Take every last band member and PLAY ON!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

No screw them I dont cares if no one cares enough to save there band. I don't care if they only had five football players we still bring our best.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

No screw them I dont cares if no one cares enough to save there band. I don't care if they only had five football players we still bring our best.

I agree! Sorry we have a band and they kick ass! If you're school doesn't have one, well then sucks for you! In fact I'd bring our band and I'd rub in their faces that we have a band. Have the band wear T-Shirts that say Hey FIU: Got Band?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I will create a freaking riot  >:( if the band does not show up at the Shula Bowl.
Like I said before; it might be a nice gesture, but we have nothing to do with their program.
Should they feel sorry because we (FAU) do not have a football stadium or because we play at LockFART?
I am not a band member nor I have any saying on your desicions, but think it through because it doesnt make any sense not to show up at the game.
I also read, that FIU has the power to not allow our band on their campus? why?
FAU knew that USF's band would provide advantage to their team, but still they were not banned from our stadium and they showed in numbers creating a great atmosphere.
If this ever happens; I have a plan !!!!!!  >:( ::) ;D buuuaahh haahha bbuuuahahh
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

I will create a freaking riot  >:( if the band does not show up at the Shula Bowl.
Like I said before; it might be a nice gesture, but we have nothing to do with their program.
Should they feel sorry because we (FAU) do not have a football stadium or because we play at LockFART?
I am not a band member nor I have any saying on your desicions, but think it through because it doesnt make any sense not to show up at the game.
I also read, that FIU has the power to not allow our band on their campus? why?
FAU knew that USF's band would provide advantage to their team, but still they were not banned from our stadium and they showed in numbers creating a great atmosphere.
If this ever happens; I have a plan !!!!!!   >:( ::) ;D buuuaahh haahha bbuuuahahh

Alex I like the way you think, but you're a creepy dude lol  ;D

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Should Our Band Forgoe The Shula Bowl If FIU Loses Their Band

Jab979 said

owlcountry40 said

I agree! Sorry we have a band and they kick ass! If you're school doesn't have one, well then sucks for you! In fact I'd bring our band and I'd rub in their faces that we have a band. Have the band wear T-Shirts that say Hey FIU: Got Band?

Dude!
That's BRILLIANT!!!
LOL!!!
Back to the top

Maybe they can rent a high school band for the day, like we did at the Motor City Bowl.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top
Control functions: