Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN blog on Wyomings Non-Con Schedule...

Error Page

"Wyoming's nonconference schedule is a lot tougher than Christensen probably would have liked it to be in his first season, especially with a team that's more or less starting from scratch. Weber State should be a win to open the year, but then back-to-back Big 12 games against Texas and Colorado are going to be tough. The Cowboys have a conference game against UNLV, which is winnable, before traveling to play a tough Florida Atlantic squad. This could easily be a 2-3 start."

They have 2 real tough games before us in Texas and Colorado.

Theyre coach has been running them thru the paces and whipping them into shape and according to the blog after injuries they only have 53 players active and healthy and had to dip into Alumni players for thier spring game.

Still not a gimmie by any means but, with the change of offenseive scheme, new physical conditioning, and a new coach we are probably catching them at JUST the right time.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: ESPN blog on Wyomings Non-Con Schedule...

owlfamily said

Still not a gimmie by any means but, with the change of offensive scheme, new physical conditioning, and a new coach we are probably catching them at JUST the right time.

I hope so! I would love to see a win against Wyoming and I think everyone here knows it's possible.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

We have two real tough games as well before Wyoming (Nebraska and South Carolina). So we'll be as beat up as they are by the time the game takes place.

I would say both Florida Atlantic and Wyoming are for the most part evenly matched teams. Our only benefit in this game is home field advantage, so marketing NEEDS to sell out this game for us to have the edge.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

I have to completely agree with you.  This needs to be a game of ours that has a packed stadium.  We NEED the home field advantage for this game, because as you just said, this game could go either way.
Back to the top

Owlando said

owlfamily said

We have two real tough games as well before Wyoming (Nebraska and South Carolina). So we'll be as beat up as they are by the time the game takes place.

I would say both Florida Atlantic and Wyoming are for the most part evenly matched teams. Our only benefit in this game is home field advantage, so marketing NEEDS to sell out this game for us to have the edge.

you guys will be more beat up.  colorado isn't exactly a good program right now.
Back to the top

who's knows who will be more beat up this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard football is football you can get hurt against anyone just cause you a good team doesn't increase your chances of getting hurt.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

who's knows who will be more beat up this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard football is football you can get hurt against anyone just cause you a good team doesn't increase your chances of getting hurt.

both teams that wyoming play before playing you will try to out run them making the chance of being hurt less likely.  while the teams you play will try to run you over make a greater chance to be injured.  and when you guys play them you still will beat them like a rented mule.
Back to the top

ESPN blog on Wyomings Non-Con Schedule...

vuren said

both teams that wyoming play before playing you will try to out run them making the chance of being hurt less likely.  while the teams you play will try to run you over make a greater chance to be injured.  and when you guys play them you still will beat them like a rented mule.

i think you are saying that a passing attack has less chances of injury??
Back to the top

vuren said

owlcountry40 said

This is so dumb you can get hurt no matter who you play or how they play the worst injury's happen sometimes you you barley get touched just ask Harmon last year.
Back to the top

Injuries do happen.

I am not worried about the toughness of this team, they have proven time and again that they play a very physical game.  Conditioning shouldn't be a factor.

Depth is what usually hurts us in our OCC games and defensively we have great talent with very little maturity in some areas that could pose a problem in these early games (first half of the schedule for that matter).

Back to the top
Control functions: