Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU President Frank T. Brogan Appointed to NCAA Division I Executive Committee

Add topic

Florida Atlantic University President Frank T. Brogan recently was named to the executive committee for Division I of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).  The NCAA is a voluntary organization through which the nation’s colleges and universities govern their athletics programs.

“It is truly a privilege to serve on the executive committee for the NCAA,” said Brogan.  “I look forward to working with the other board members during what will undoubtedly be an exciting time for academics and athletics in the world of higher education.”

Brogan also is on the board of directors for Division I of the NCAA and president of the Sun Belt Conference’s Executive Committee. Because of its status as a member of the Division I football coalition, the Sun Belt Conference has a permanent seat on the NCAA’s 18-member Board of Directors.  In his new role on the NCAA Executive Committee, Brogan will play a part in the final approval and oversight of the NCAA’s budget; provide strategic planning for the NCAA as a whole; and act on behalf of the NCAA by adopting and implementing policies to resolve core issues and other NCAA matters. Brogan’s term ends on both the executive committee and board of directors for the NCAA in April 2011.

The NCAA Executive Committee consists of 20 members, including 12 members of the Division I Board, two members of the Division II Presidents Council, two members of the Division III Presidents Council, the president of the NCAA and the chairs of the divisional councils.

Source:  FAU Media Relations
Back to the top

Re: FAU President Frank T. Brogan Appointed to NCAA Division I Executive Committee

FAU President Frank T. Brogan Appointed to NCAA Division I Executive Committee

Congrats to President Brogan!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: