Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

"Foolhardy NU prediction time arrives"

"Foolhardy NU prediction time arrives"

With the Nebraska football team’s Sept. 5 season opener still more than 100 days away, making predictions on the Cornhuskers’ final 2009 record seems foolhardy at best.

As everyone familiar with college football knows, there can be many developments in the months between the end of spring practice and the start of fall camp in August — good and bad. On the negative side, there can be serious injuries and those dreaded incidents that sometimes result in suspensions or even dismissals from the program. In the plus column, summer workouts can start the path to stardom for previously unknown players.

That said, almost half the fun of the sport for many of us is scanning the preseason predictions and speculation that has made college football preview magazines popular summer reading. Prompted by our good friends at Huskers Illustrated, who are soliciting predictions — a.k.a. guesses — from the state’s media types for their summer magazine, here’s how we see Nebraska’s 2009 season (for now):

& Florida Atlantic (Sept. 5): Nebraska opens its season with a victory over the Owls, exacting a small — make that very small — measure of revenge against coach Howard Schnellenberger. Yes, the man who spoiled the Huskers’ national championship bid in 1983 is back on the sidelines, leading Florida Atlantic to the Sun Belt Conference title in 2007 and a 7-6 record last year, capped by a victory over Central Michigan in the Motor City Bowl. WIN (1-0).

Source:  Terry Douglas - theindependant.com

Full article HERE
Back to the top

Re: "Foolhardy NU prediction time arrives"

Small significance or small victory?

I'd be really pleased with a small victory to be honest! but I can't tell if I should be insulted or not.
Back to the top

Lol...
Back to the top

Let them talk. We got pulled into that "Were a good team that doesn't have to work hard" mentality last year. I think we learned our lesson

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: