Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Brogan postpones raise!

Add topic

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2009/01/16/a3b_broganpay_0117.html

With what is happening with the economy, lower tax revenues and huge cuts in state funding, the board should not have voted a raise to be given to Brogan. That was a mistake. They should have known that poop would hit the fan.

I am not saying he doesn't deserve it. It should have been obvious it was going to cause controversy. It did. Now it is being postponed. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Re: Brogan postpones raise!

illinoisowl said

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2009/01/16/a3b_broganpay_0117.html

With what is happening with the economy, lower tax revenues and huge cuts in state funding, the board should not have voted a raise to be given to Brogan. That was a mistake. They should have known that poop would hit the fan.

I am not saying he doesn't deserve it. It should have been obvious it was going to cause controversy. It did. Now it is being postponed.

The BOT is worried about losing him, which is somewhat understandable since he's done so many great things for us. I don't know if another university would "steal him away" since he doesn't have a Ph.D. but yeah, I'm sure they're still concerned about it. I think they may have offered him the raise knowing he would have the decency to turn it down anyway.

Postpone, however, is a little weird. I'm not sure what he's brewing right now… new graduate colleges, new partnerships, the university having a greater presence in Boca Raton, etc etc
Back to the top

He turned down the bonus as well…but that didnt stop FAMU's President from accepting a 35% bonus:

Photo courtesy tallahassee.com

"The board's action today clearly shows that they are pleased with my performance because I met mutually agreed upon goals," said FAMU President James Ammons.

"I am not going to take my salary adjustment until all staff and faculty are satisfied with their contracts," Brogan told the FAU Owl Observer. "I'm not noble; it's just the right thing to do."

Back to the top

Brogan postpones raise!

Finally some good PR from the FAU administration.
Back to the top
Control functions: