Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN.com Blogger's love affair with FIU continues

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/others/0-4-482/Tough-stretches-ahead-for-several-teams.html

Tough stretches ahead for several teams

In every season there's always a tough stretch of games that makes or breaks a conference title or a major bowl berth. The following are some rough schedule stretches for teams who won their conferences last year and are expected to challenge for their conference titles and/or a possible BCS berth this year.

TROY
Sept. 26 at Arkansas State
Oct. 6 Middle Tennessee
Oct. 17 at Florida International

One could look at the Troy schedule and argue that the toughest games are at the end of the schedule with Florida Atlantic and Louisiana, but I think these three games, the first three of the Sun Belt season, will set the tone for the Trojans. All three teams will be better than they were a year ago, especially Middle Tennessee, which now has Tony Franklin, former Troy offensive coordinator, as its offensive coordinator. And I've been saying all off season that no one in the Sun Belt should sleep on Florida International.

And I'll say it again to Graham FIU will finish at 5-7 again this year. Enough with your love affair of FIU. Sorry FIU fans until you prove otherwise you aren't a threat in the belt. Yes you are much improved but I'm not buying the hype of this amazing recruiting class. You're best prospect was a guy FAU passed on.

FAU vs. Troy has the potential to be the conference championship. I'm not doubting all the hype that is on Troy even MTSU with the new O.C. just not buying it for FIU sorry

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: ESPN.com Blogger's love affair with FIU continues

Jab979 said

And I'll say it again to Graham FIU will finish at 5-7 again this year. Enough with your love affair of FIU. Sorry FIU fans until you prove otherwise you aren't a threat in the belt. Yes you are much improved but I'm not buying the hype of this amazing recruiting class. You're best prospect was a guy FAU passed on.

FAU vs. Troy has the potential to be the conference championship. I'm not doubting all the hype that is on Troy even MTSU with the new O.C. just not buying it for FIU sorry

Go Jab!
Back to the top

You have to root for FIU in that game though...especially if Troy looks good against ASU and MT

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

ESPN.com Blogger's love affair with FIU continues

Jab979 said

You're best prospect was a guy FAU passed on.

It's true. They'll think we're full of it but we didn't want the Mars guy.

Oh well. Maybe he'll live up to the hype and it will be our loss. We'll see what happens.
Back to the top
Control functions: