Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Bookstore to be renovated Summer '09

Add topic

Not going to 2 stories just yet. Getting new carpeting, fixtures, etc. Apparently it hasn't been updated properly in about five years.

Anyway, if you try to visit this summer and can't get in, now you know why.
Back to the top

Re: FAU Bookstore to be renovated Summer '09

That's great to hear. This will also bring more traffic to the Owl Spirit Store in the Student Union.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Any word on how attaining books will be handled for students taking summer courses?
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Not going to 2 stories just yet. Getting new carpeting, fixtures, etc. Apparently it hasn't been updated properly in about five years.

Anyway, if you try to visit this summer and can't get in, now you know why.

I hope they update their inventory as well (More Gear!)
Back to the top

The said

I hope they update their inventory as well (More Gear!)

They didn't mention much in the way of upgrading that section – they want to expand their snack section – although it's all up to Barnes & Nobles what they want to invest.

The person I spoke to talked about the various items they had, how they'll do predominantly navy blue but can't do everything blue (they know Coach S hates red).

He mentioned that next football season they're going to be ordering the tailgating tubs for beers/sodas/etc that say FAU on them although he didn't specify whether it would be solid or inflatable.

I asked them if they'd consider selling campus life stuff like skateboards, board games, that kind of thing and they said they wouldn't be able to get it at a price that's reasonable to students because they'd order 20, not 2000 like Target would. The official FAU tailgating tents they sell are so costly for the same reason.
Back to the top

any info on this
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

any info on this

No progress yet. Went by there today. They haven't pushed aside shelves or tore up carpeting. Maybe it will come later.

I'm waiting for the south end of the Breezeway to be renovated to look like the north end of the Breezeway… I believe that's supposed to happen this summer too.
Back to the top

FAU Bookstore to be renovated Summer '09

but are they definitely going renovating the book store.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

but are they definitely going renovating the book store.

That's what one of the managers told me, yes.
Back to the top
Control functions: