Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Heard some interesting news....

I heard we are in soft discussions with Texas A&M for a 1 home, 2 away deal starting in 2011. Could this be a move to position A&M as the 2011 home opener? This is just word of mouth, but interesting anyways…Anyone with ears close to department heard anything like this?

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: Heard some interesting news....

Does your new stadium still have the green light? I haven't heard any updates in awhile.
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

I heard we are in soft discussions with Texas A&M for a 1 home, 2 away deal starting in 2011. Could this be a move to position A&M as the 2011 home opener? This is just word of mouth, but interesting anyways…Anyone with ears close to department heard anything like this?

I have not heard anything about this, but wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to it.

1. We play Texas in 2010, and maybe Texas A&M in some years, and UNT in other years. That means we are in Texas every year, which could help with recruiting outside of Florida.
  2. Texas A&M plays  Suin Belt teams
  3. I live in Texas and would love it.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Silver_Bullet32 said

I have not heard anything about this, but wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to it.

1. We play Texas in 2010, and maybe Texas A&M in some years, and UNT in other years. That means we are in Texas every year, which could help with recruiting outside of Florida.
  2. Texas A&M plays  Suin Belt teams
  3. I live in Texas and would love it.

plus i don't see A$M being any good by then either.  i think the sherman experiment will fail.  mostly because bill byrne sucks at making hires at least for football.  A$M hasn't been good since they fired Slocum.
Back to the top

A&M football gonna fall apart by 2011? Damn….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Heard some interesting news....

Silver_Bullet32 said

check that,  they fell apart this last year and will continue.

when nebraska purged it's staff after firing callahan, 5 or 6 of the coaches ended up in college station.
Back to the top

vuren said

Silver_Bullet32 said

when nebraska purged it's staff after firing callahan, 5 or 6 of the coaches ended up in college station.

That loss to ASU crushed them and they never recovered…

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

vuren said

Silver_Bullet32 said

That loss to ASU crushed them and they never recovered…
i doubt mike sherman, that said i love his daughter and son in law(Zac Taylor), both were great while in lincoln. 
Back to the top
Control functions: