Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Lowered Expectations Never Felt So Good for FAU

"This time last year, FAU was a hands down favorite to win the Sun Belt, was on most BCS Buster Lists and littered numerous watch lists.  So far in 2009, I have yet to find any college football group of "experts" willing to predict that FAU will win the Sun Belt Conference.  They have hit one BCS Buster List so far, but it was done with a disclaimer that Troy would have been a better option (but Troy plays the Florida Gators).  FAU players have hit some watch lists this year but there isn't as much love as last year.

FAU started the 2008 season off with a bang (in the wrong direction), as they were crushed by Texas 52-10.  They felt they still could grab a Sun Belt Championship until they started their Sun Belt run with two losses (on national television).  FAU was 1-5 and all expectations were officially forgotten."

Source: bleacherreport.com

Full Article
Back to the top

Re: Lowered Expectations Never Felt So Good for FAU

Lowered Expectations Never Felt So Good for FAU

Troy has much more depth than we do. I think they will win the sunbelt, unless they suffer a lot of key injuries early on in the season.

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Owlando said

Troy has much more depth than we do. I think they will win the sunbelt, unless they suffer a lot of key injuries early on in the season.

Or our guys play the game of their life in Alabama this fall.
Back to the top

Everyone is talking about going to USC for the game against the cocks (which I'm going to as well) but if you want a road trip, there is no question that you all should be planning to head to Troy…end of the season match up, hopefully for the conference title, and we played well last time in their house, that's the game to go to this season!

It'll be nice to head to a game where you're actually not liked as opposed to not known.
Back to the top
Control functions: