Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Web Site Offers Prospective Students Virtual Tour of Major Colleges

Add topic

Great website…but where are we??  Hopefully coming soon…great idea…pass it along if you know someone in FAU's registration/recruiting office:

Ferrari St. Paul has visited more than 100 colleges in search of the perfect school.

The Lely High School graduate couldn’t afford to visit many schools before her 2001 graduation, though.

It was only after she attended and graduated from Florida Atlantic University that St. Paul started touring schools across the country, all to give future college-bound high school students a chance to check out prospective schools with the click of a mouse.

YOUniversityTV.com, St. Paul’s employer, made its official launch in April, just in time for the summer onslaught of college tours and SAT cramming typical among rising high school seniors.

The Web site now boasts video tours of more than 400 colleges and universities, with another 100 coming soon to round out the nation’s top 500 schools, site co-creator Ron Reis said.

“It’s free for our users, which is what our mission is,” Reis said. “It fulfills a need. The cost-saving component of it is integral. According to the Princeton Review, the average family is going to fly to three different colleges. When you look at the cost of gasoline going up already, even staying here in the state of Florida, if I wanted to do a tour of the schools in Florida it gets very expensive.”

Source: naplesnews.com

Full story

Back to the top

Re: Web Site Offers Prospective Students Virtual Tour of Major Colleges

Web Site Offers Prospective Students Virtual Tour of Major Colleges

Rick said

Great website…but where are we??  Hopefully coming soon…great idea…pass it along if you know someone in FAU's registration/recruiting office:

You won't see it in the near future. Actually, we were one of the very first schools approached to do it.

Unfortunately, Kimberly Miller recently reported that the school and the company couldn't come to terms contractually.

That's the nice way of putting it. I know someone very close to the project who used far more colorful words to describe how our fair university was acting about it.

An opportunity for free publicity wasted. It's a damn shame. As you can see if you watch some of the other videos, they are very flattering toward the schools they cover… we have no real reason to back away from this.

Back to the top

I just watched FIU's video.  You really got to wonder who's in charge of our marketing.  There was no good reason to turn this down!
Back to the top

I scratch my head at my school sometimes.
Back to the top

The said

I just watched FIU's video.  You really got to wonder who's in charge of our marketing.  There was no good reason to turn this down!

While on the surface this may seem like a "head scratcher," you never know what may or may not have transpired.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

The said

While on the surface this may seem like a "head scratcher," you never know what may or may not have transpired.

Once again, let's just give FAU the benefit of the doubt…… ::)
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

The said

I hope the Kool Aid tasted good going down  :-*  ;)

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

LOL

I'm just pointing out that FAU wouldn't say "no" to "free advertising" unless there was another catch.

People on this board were critical of FAU's marketing efforts and not putting signs up on Glades to advertise for the game, but it recently came to light that the City of Boca threatened to fine them. There was also a lot of talk about FAU not doing enough to secure $20 million from a company for a stadium (about six - eight months ago), but that also came to light when RCB pulled out of a deal that was on the table.

I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, especially FAU.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

Wait! Timeout…I watched the FIU video…. when the girl talking about the turtle pond comes on…. owlcountry… isn't that FAU alumna Chloe Delandis? (spelling?)

Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Wait! Timeout…I watched the FIU video…. when the girl talking about the turtle pond comes on…. owlcountry… isn't that FAU alumna Chloe Delandis? (spelling?)

Yep that's Chloe.
Most of the crew graduated from FAU and they were turned down by their own school.
That virtual tour is free, I believe.
I have an email I sent to FAU and this company more than a year ago .
I will post it here later!
I've seen the other tours and they are really nice. Just imagine the quality of tour this crew could have pulled off when the tour is about their own alma matter.
Back to the top
Control functions: