Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Umpire Ejects Entire Crowd of 100+

Add topic

An umpire has emptied the stands at a high school baseball game, ejecting the entire crowd of more than 100 fans for being unruly.

Umpire Don Briggs said he had no problem with any of the student athletes during Thursday's game between Winfield-Mount Union and West Burlington.

He said he had to take action because fans were being unruly, yelling and arguing, and called police as a precaution.

However, West Burlington superintendent James Sleister said he didn't see any unusual behavior and said he thought the umpire overreacted.

The game resumed after a 40-minute delay. West Burlington won 12-11.

Source:  Associated Press
Back to the top

Re: Umpire Ejects Entire Crowd of 100+

Umpire Ejects Entire Crowd of 100+

cough cough, this could happen to a certain group of fans on a bad night, cough cough
Back to the top

Nunzio42 said

cough cough, this could happen to a certain group of fans on a bad night, cough cough

Please don't let that happen at a basketball game…please! ;D
Back to the top

Rick said

Nunzio42 said

Please don't let that happen at a basketball game…please! ;D

haha why not? It'd be the only time it could happen. Some games last season I think we were the only ones there. Even some of the media didn't bother showing up. We've had many conversations with the ref lol in fact I think Nunzio declared his love for one last year lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: