Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sammy Sosa: Welcome Aboard The Steroid Carousel

Add topic

Sammy Sosa listens to testimony Thursday, March 17, 2005 at a
House Government Affairs Committee hearing looking into steroid use in
major league baseball.(Photo by Rick McKay/Washington Bureau)

"The disclosure that Sosa tested positive makes him the latest baseball star of the last two decades to be linked to performance enhancers, a group that now includes McGwire, Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, Manny Ramirez and Rafael Palmeiro.

Sosa, who is sixth on Major League Baseball’s career home run list and last played in 2007, had long been suspected of using performance-enhancing drugs, but until now had never been publicly linked to a positive test."

Source: nytimes.com

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: Sammy Sosa: Welcome Aboard The Steriod Carousel

Just confirms what everyone already knew...
Back to the top

The said

Just confirms what everyone already knew…

Ding Ding Ding!

Is it really Breaking News: When everyone already knew and wasn't shocked

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Sammy Sosa: Welcome Aboard The Steroid Carousel

They need to do something...home runs dont mean jack anymore...remove them from the record books...
Back to the top

Rick said

They need to do something…home runs dont mean jack anymore…remove them from the record books…

Problem is there's just as many pitchers using them as there are hitters so it kinda cancels each other out. At this point in time I think it should be..

BREAKING NEWS: Albert Pujols DID NOT test positive for performance enhancing drugs. Is it really a shock when Arod, Sosa and Manny all tested positive?

Let me know when someone doesn't test positive

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Hammerin Hank didn't!

Photo:  mlb.com

Back to the top

Rick said

They need to do something…home runs dont mean jack anymore…remove them from the record books…

In my opinion baseball comes and goes in Eras….there was a time when African American's couldn't play in the league does that mean that Babe Ruth should have that asterick next to his name?  You cant compare stats over time…the deadball era is totally different than the homerun era of the 90's.  You can only compare players that played during a certain era vs. each other.  Hank Aaron was the best homerun hitter of his time while Barry Bonds was the best during his you just cant compare the two.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Hank Aaron was the best homerun hitter of his time while Barry Bonds was the best during his you just cant compare the two.

Spot on…there is absolutely no way that you can compare Barry to Hank…impossible:

One's obviously honest, while the other is a complete liar…lol
Back to the top
Control functions: