Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU to offer students valet parking?

Add topic

FAU to offer valet parking?

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I think it's an economical solution to a growing problem, but that doesn't mean it's the best solution.

Parking really isn't that bad on campus. Yeah - you have to park far. But it takes less than 10 minutes to walk from your car to your class, usually.

So…. may the debate begin!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: FAU to offer students valet parking?

It's Boca…….

Lol
Back to the top

FAU to offer students valet parking?

I'm not a fan. The farthest walk is 8-10 minutes. I've done it over and over in the worst heat and the hardest rain.  I have no sympathy for people who arrive on campus 10 minutes before class and then circle around and around by the closest spots only to later complain about how long it took them to finally get one.

If they're definitely going forward with the valet idea, I think they should only do it in 1/3 of the parking lot by the Student Union (that drop-off point under the overhang is perfect for that) and perhaps at the north end of the Breezeway.

I also think we should talk to PBCC about building a combined use parking garage… see if they might share the cost.
Back to the top

Let FIU have the Valet.  We don't need it.
Back to the top

Just noticed that it is $5 PER HOUR at FIU!

:o

So, if like most College students, you have a part time job making, let's say, $10 an hour that means half your wage goes to the car sitting in the parking lot without breaking a sweat to get back and forth to it…….

And if you have an average three to four hour stay on campus a clip, then before you even go to work for an eight hour shift, 2 hours are in the toilet…….

No thanks.
Back to the top
Control functions: