Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

new excuses up

Add topic

new excuses up

check Ask the A.D.

wasted years of effort on unrealistic 50K domed stadium when economy was good

still shooting for too much so we're left with nothing, zero, nada, Lockhart

first entry suggests Board of Trustee approval still necessary

new A.D. needed, raising money top function

Howard deserves better

Back to the top

Re: new excuses up

At this point I honestly just give up.  See you at Lockhart everyone.
Back to the top

Let's not totally give up on this just yet guys.  I want a stadium as bad as anyone else, but until things in the general economy improve, I don't realistically see this happening for a while.  I work for a small company and we have cut out every extra cost possible just so we can keep our jobs.  It's things like this that I see everyday that tell me no one in their right mind is going to shell out any money for a risky stadium venture.  Until things improve, let's own Lockhart this year and make the best of it.  When we are in our big, shiny new stadium we are all going to be reminiscing about the "good ole days" at Lockhart.  The days when you could heckle the other team and they actually heard you. ;D

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I reminisce about those days at Pro Player already!

Back in our first couple of years I remember playing SMU (the californian version, St. Mary's) and there may have been literally 250 fans in the stands that day. It was raining, the buzz of having a team had worn off and me and my friends had an entire 3 sections at pro player to ourselves. Not only could you hear people across the stadium yelling at the players but I remember a wide reciever from SMU catching a TD in the corner where we were sitting, and asking us "how we liked it?" Just us…we were the only ones there.

Things could be worse guys!
Back to the top

I remember those games at Pro Player….against the Albany's and Marist's of the world. The Owls team was bad and those teams were bad and had less than zero drawing power down here. I'd say that 250 number that TeamBeer threw out was close to accurate. It was mostly a few (very few….myself and some friends included) students, the who let the owls out crew, maybe 10 or 15 boosters and the rest players families. It really hasn't been that long since then and we've made it to two bowl games and I think are starting to really build a solid core base of 10,000 or so a game. The key is to get that next 10,000 to show up on a more consistent basis and I think that will only happen on-campus.  But coming from those Pro Player days it always is a little shocking to drive up to Lockhart and see as many fans there as there are. I still half expect to be one of ten cars in the lot like in 2002.
Back to the top

I remember that SMU game in the rain. That was actually one of  my favorite tailgates ever.  Still have pictures. I think the estimate of 250 people in the stands is accurate.  I personally tailgated in the rain until halftime.
Back to the top

sirwgula said

Still have pictures. I think the estimate of 250 people in the stands is accurate.  I personally tailgated in the rain until halftime.

Any you want to share??  Trying to build a nice archive of forrmer tailgates, etc…….
Back to the top
Control functions: