Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Dunkin' Donuts coming to FAU

Add topic

Apologies if this has already been posted, but couldn't find it…

Dunkin Donuts coming to FAU
Back to the top

Re: Dunkin' Donuts coming to FAU

Now we got the big three on campus lol… more over I'm excited about the new Five Guys in University Commons. :P

FLORIDAATLANTIC[br]U N I V E R S I T Y
Back to the top

Basco said

Now we got the big three on campus lol… more over I'm excited about the new Five Guys in University Commons. :P

I did a back flip when you posted this! AMAZING! I looked into it, its going into The Commons though (were Moe's is), not the university Commons.  Still close enough! Great find!

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

He even said "more over"…

English prof will be proud!
Back to the top

Yeah it was posted before awhile back.  The D+D was suppose to be open in June that of course didn't happen (That's the FAU way!).  I'm glad we are getting one (Starbucks coffee sucks!) although I'll prolly just stick to the one on 20th street all the food places on campus have jacked up prices. 
Back to the top

FAUtuba said

Basco said

I did a back flip when you posted this! AMAZING! I looked into it, its going into The Commons though (were Moe's is), not the university Commons.  Still close enough! Great find!

Lol… thats still good. I always get those two places mixed up.  :P

FLORIDAATLANTIC[br]U N I V E R S I T Y
Back to the top

Dunkin' Donuts coming to FAU

Rick said

He even said "more over"…

English prof will be proud!

Almost proud since "moreover" is one word: "Moreover, I'm excited about the new Five Guys in University Commons." And really, you're supposed to use "moreover" to add a sentence that reinforces a previous idea… for instance: "Starbucks was an excellent addition to campus because it provides much-needed stimulation for students. Moreover, it provides opportunities for social interaction and downtime for study breaks."

Just sayin'  :P
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Almost proud since "moreover" is one word: "Moreover, I'm excited about the new Five Guys in University Commons." And really, you're supposed to use "moreover" to add a sentence that reinforces a previous idea… for instance: "Starbucks was an excellent addition to campus because it provides much-needed stimulation for students. Moreover, it provides opportunities for social interaction and downtime for study breaks."

Just sayin'  :P

Damn!  From the way it sounds you might be his Professor haha
Back to the top

theblackmaria6 said

Damn!  From the way it sounds you might be his Professor haha

Yeah, I know. My mom was always harping on me about writing.
Back to the top

SG did a study with Business Services in 2002 - 2003 about prices on campus compared to the same establishments off campus. Back then, Burger King was the only food place on campus. And the prices weren't the same.

Let's not forget that IF, and that's IF, the prices are higher on campus, that's because those franchises, including the bookstore, have to pay rent to the university (a source of revenue for the university). The Bookstore actually donates a percentage of all sales to the general scholarship fund - at least that's what I was told a few years ago. So if a book is 15% higher on-campus, a substantial portion went back to FAU.

I don't know if the food places do that.

So if the prices are higher on campus, it's probably because there is a deal worked out with them and the university to pay rent and give a % back to the university.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: