Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

This may be nothing but...

Add topic

I just dropped off a friend near campus and noticed that bulldozers had knocked down a significant swath of trees in the Innovation Village forest area directly across from the Alumni center/Rec Center plaza.

The trees aren't dead so they weren't clearing the land for that.
I doubt they suddenly needed additional drainage areas.
The Innovation Village retail etc wasn't projected to be built until a year after the stadium opens.
The first Innovation Village dorm is supposed to begin construction in January over by the Henderson fields.

So… I wonder what's going on over there…
Back to the top

Re: This may be nothing but...

The construction of a temporary parking lot on the Boca Raton campus in a location north of Lee Street across from the Alumni Center started on June 23. When complete, this lot will provide 120 temporary parking spaces to handle overflow and displaced parking due to the construction of Phase II of the Recreation & Fitness Center and during the permanent reconstruction and expansion of Lot 4, which is scheduled to begin in mid-July. The temporary parking lot is located approximately 300 feet away from the limits of the existing Conservation Area (also called the Preserve), and there is no impact on the existing wildlife and native plant species.

This message has been distributed on behalf of Dennis Crudele, Associate Vice President for Financial Affairs.

AEA
Go play Intramural Sports! www.fau.edu/campusrec/imsports/
Back to the top

Yes! We're finally getting a temporary dirt parking lot!
Back to the top

Progress! We are moving earth!!

Well, we gotta stay positive don't we??????
Back to the top

This may be nothing but...

GeorgiaOwl said

Progress! We are moving earth!!

Well, we gotta stay positive don't we??????

There is a HUGE positive here:

1. They are helping to stop the bleeding of the parking problem (although I still argue the parking problem is not as big as people may think it is)
  2. They are NOT constructing a permanent parking lot in that area (because the stadium is going there in the future)

Good forward thinking!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

2) They are NOT constructing a permanent parking lot in that area (because the stadium is going there in the future)

Good forward thinking!

The dirt parking lot is west of where the stadium will be. If the current design schematic holds up, that area should actually be one of the parking garages with the retail at the bottom.

In any case, we're getting more parking. When they start building the movie theater by IRT in July they're going to displace a lot of residential parking and that's going to be a hassle come August. They said they're going to do temporary parking… maybe they'll allow people to park over by the utility station like they allowed the construction workers to do when they were building GPT.
Back to the top
Control functions: