Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rivals.com 120 Countdown - FAU # 82

"STRENGTHS: The passing game should be good. Leading receiver Cortez Gent returns, and he should put up all-conference numbers. Smith's cause will be helped by the return of TE Jason Harmon, who missed last season with a knee injury."

"WEAKNESSES: The rushing attack is a mystery. FAU loses 1,000-yard rusher Charles Pierre and his backup, and the new starter at running back is sophomore Alfred Morris, who had seven carries last season. FAU's run defense was a big problem last season. Teams that made it a priority to run on the Owls were able to do so, and that has to change."

Source:  rivals.com

Full Article
Back to the top

Re: Rivals.com 120 Countdown - FAU # 82

The called us FIU again…
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=954694

82. Florida Atlantic
FIU received a bowl bid and upset Central Michigan to finish 7-6, and it was considered a disappointment. That's a prime example of the kind of job Howard Schnellenberger has done: In a disappointing season, FAU still gets a bowl bid. [ 2009 season preview ]

FLORIDAATLANTIC[br]U N I V E R S I T Y
Back to the top

Basco said

The called us FIU again…
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=954694

82. Florida Atlantic
FIU received a bowl bid and upset Central Michigan to finish 7-6, and it was considered a disappointment. That's a prime example of the kind of job Howard Schnellenberger has done: In a disappointing season, FAU still gets a bowl bid. [ 2009 season preview ]

Yeah, it's annoying.  The quad countdown said Jervonte JOHNSON was a big loss for us… ???  They also stated that our secondary wasn't hurt by graduation.  Corey Small is a big loss at CB.  Especially with the question marks regarding Polo.
Back to the top

We at USF saw you guys passing UCF eventually, but it happened quicker than I thought.  Good to see.  Keep it going!
Back to the top

GratefulDad said

We at USF saw you guys passing UCF eventually, but it happened quicker than I thought.  Good to see.  Keep it going!

Are you guys playing them this season??

If so, put the whoop-arse on!
Back to the top

Rick said

GratefulDad said

No, we don't have them scheduled again at all.  We did the four year annual thing and didn't renew.  We beat them four in a row and it is time to move on.  It is FAU's turn to drag them through the mud.  We have five years of playing Miami starting this Thanksgiving weekend.

You all are coming back up here on October 2, 2010.  I look forward to another good game.  Can't say I will be sorry that Rusty will be gone by then (he is a senior this year, right?), although he is fun to watch.  I would take him as our QB anyday.

I enjoyed going down there when we played you guys and hope we continue the series.  Howard is one class act.  Good luck on another great season.  Get that conference championship, guys.
Back to the top

GratefulDad said

Rick said

GratefulDad said

No, we don't have them scheduled again at all.  We did the four year annual thing and didn't renew.  We beat them four in a row and it is time to move on.  It is FAU's turn to drag them through the mud.  We have five years of playing Miami starting this Thanksgiving weekend.

You all are coming back up here on October 2, 2010.  I look forward to another good game.  Can't say I will be sorry that Rusty will be gone by then (he is a senior this year, right?), although he is fun to watch.  I would take him as our QB anyday.

I enjoyed going down there when we played you guys and hope we continue the series.  Howard is one class act.  Good luck on another great season.  Get that conference championship, guys.

Yeah, you bet.  I've never read more arrogant posts from a college fan base than UCF.  They think they are so above us because of their on campus stadium and that membership in the way more prestigious C-USA conference…. ::)

They've accomplished nothing, 0 bowl wins and a fraud/liar as a head coach.  They also have an unhealthy obsession with USF which is perfectly understandable being that they never beat you guys.  I would love to watch FAU destroy UCF but that won't happen because they refuse to schedule us!
Back to the top

The said

They've accomplished nothing, 0 bowl wins and a fraud/liar as a head coach.  They also have an unhealthy obsession with USF which is perfectly understandable being that they never beat you guys.  I would love to watch FAU destroy UCF but that won't happen because they refuse to schedule us!

I believe they'll schedule us after the stadium is built.
Back to the top

Rivals.com 120 Countdown - FAU # 82

owlcountry said

The said

I believe they'll schedule us after the stadium is built.

Whatever, I still hate UCF.
Back to the top

GratefulDad said

Yeah, Rusty is a senior this year…VanCamp is our guy at your place in 2010 in all likelihood…

Do you think Grothe will return for his senior year or try and go pro??

Also, who do you guys have lined up to take over for him??
Back to the top
Control functions: