Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

USA Soccer upsets Spain 2-0

Add topic

Not sure how many if any are soccer fans but it was a good game. USA beat the # 1 ranked team in the world in Spain 2-0. Spain had a 35 games unbeaten streak, trying Brazil for the most ever, they had not lost a match since November of 2006.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=270153&&cc=5901

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: USA Soccer upsets Spain 2-0

Great job USA! A lot like FAU football. You have to play the best to beat the best, and that usually means taking your lumps for quite a while until your own skill and competitive level get nearer to theirs. The day when FAU football beats a number 1 team are not that far away, sometime within the next ten years!! Start building the stadium now to help get even better recruits to get to that next level!!!
Back to the top

It was a great game, Now we have to beat Brazil.  If we could win the final against them it would be even more historic.  Don't foget 2 watch the game is Sunday. GO USA!!
Back to the top

Impressive performance today against Brazil, despite losing 3-2…

1-14 all time against them now…

Need to do something about that!
Back to the top

Rick said

Impressive performance today against Brazil, despite losing 3-2…

1-14 all time against them now…

Need to do something about that!

==============
Yes, it was a great game.
I wish soccer was a bigger here in the states.
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

Did you ever take in any of the Fusion games at Lockhart before the team disbanded??

I used to go to some occassionally…they were fun…
Back to the top

USA Soccer upsets Spain 2-0

how about going back to the Strikers of the NASL! Banks, Best, Cubillas, Hudson, Marinho and Mueller together with and bunch of young Americans as well. That was fun and that helped push Lockhart past the "high school" stadium level, not much, but it did help serve as a model for the future soccer stadiums in America
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

how about going back to the Strikers of the NASL!

The Strikers!

Photo courtesy: www.nasljerseys.com

Wow…that's bringing back a memory…

Went to one of their promotional days as a child…think it was in 79'…kicked a "Nerf" ball through the goal on their goalkeeper…but sure he let that happen :D
Back to the top

Rick said

AlexFAU06 said

Did you ever take in any of the Fusion games at Lockhart before the team disbanded??

I used to go to some occassionally…they were fun…

================
Yes, I went to several games at Lockhart.
I am hispanic mostly raised in Colombia, but learned about Football and fell in love when I was at FAU. I guess there is a connection and that's why I like college football.
Soccer is a bigger passion for me since that's what I watched and played growing up. I was one of the starters in my high school and I played 6 months for professional team sub-division in my country, but I guess I was not good enough for them. We have soccer teams in college, but the college level in soccer here in the  states is much better.
The professional soccer teams in south america and europe don't get their players from college. Each team has its own sub-divisions and the players grow with the team until they are ready to play professional soccer.
Don't worry!
I am there for the Owls!
GO OWLS!

Back to the top
Control functions: