Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU to Host 'Fabulous 4th' Celebration

Add topic

Photo courtesy: smugmug.com

In collaboration with the City of Boca Raton, Florida Atlantic University will host a “Fabulous 4th” celebration on Saturday, July 4.  The festivities will start at 4 p.m. with a special staging of Stephen Sondheim’s musical, “Company.” This will be followed at 6 p.m. with various family activities and games at the Carnival Midway.  Then, at 6:30 p.m., the stage show “Red, White & Blue Spectacular” will be presented by ZMC Entertainment.  At 7:30 p.m., the Florida Wind Symphony,under the direction of Dr. Kyle Prescott, will present a patriotic, hand-clapping musical tribute.  Fireworks will begin at 9 p.m.

Source:  FAU Media Relations
Back to the top

Happy Fourth!

As we recognize our Country's Freedom, the Owl's Nest Team wishes you and yours a Safe, Happy, and Enjoyable Independence Day!

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

- Benjamin Franklin

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: Happy Fourth!

There will be food and fireworks at FAU today starting at 4:00 pm.
free parking.
Back to the top

Re: FAU to Host 'Fabulous 4th' Celebration

FAU to Host 'Fabulous 4th' Celebration

Anyone go to this…how was it??

I caught the tail end of the fireworks…but that was it…….
Back to the top

Rick said

I went with 8 members of my family. The turn out was huge, the food was great and if you have kids this is the place for them. The performances were very appropriate for the event.
It is pretty cool to see that the city of Boca Raton is joining forces with FAU. I was telling my girlfriend yesterday that if you are not doing anything on saturday afternoon and there is a football game; people will go. That's why I think that FAU should move forward and start small and let the program grow with the school and the community. FAU is turning into such a great institution and I am very proud of it. The fireworks lasted for 25 min. while in the back there was this band performing which made it even nicer. We are taking more people next year.
Back to the top

AlexFAU06 said

Rick said

I went with 8 members of my family. The turn out was huge, the food was great and if you have kids this is the place for them. The performances were very appropriate for the event.
It is pretty cool to see that the city of Boca Raton is joining forces with FAU. I was telling my girlfriend yesterday that if you are not doing anything on saturday afternoon and there is a football game; people will go. That's why I think that FAU should move forward and start small and let the program grow with the school and the community. FAU is turning into such a great institution and I am very proud of it. The fireworks lasted for 25 min. while in the back there was this band performing which made it even nicer. We are taking more people next year.

Nice :)

It seems it gets a little better each year…especially since they have improved the landscaping…

After how long this thing has panned out, there should be a fire works display of some kind when the Stadium is finally announced…But, if nothing else, all of us should light some off! ;D
Back to the top

Rick said

AlexFAU06 said

Rick said

It seems it gets a little better each year…especially since they have improved the landscaping…

After how long this thing has panned out, there should be a fire works display of some kind when the Stadium is finally announced…But, if nothing else, all of us should light some off! ;D

This was always a great fireworks display.

There have been some concerns about the fireworks in the past though. A few years back, it's rumored that an endangered burrowing owl got spooked by the fireworks and accidentally flew into a building, killing itself.

And as a side note, fireworks can't be shot off at FAU because of the airport, as far as I know. The only exception is July 4.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Yeah, the permits to get the official "approval" are rediculous.......
Back to the top

After we all sobered up we went over there around 7:30 for the fireworks at 9. (Me, Nunzio & Wife, WPierso and a few others). Fireworks were pretty cool, I got eaten alive by mosquito's but other than that it was enjoyable

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Rick said

AlexFAU06 said

Rick said

This was always a great fireworks display.

There have been some concerns about the fireworks in the past though. A few years back, it's rumored that an endangered burrowing owl got spooked by the fireworks and accidentally flew into a building, killing itself.

And as a side note, fireworks can't be shot off at FAU because of the airport, as far as I know. The only exception is July 4.

what's up $mitty!
Do you know if FAU offers any type of protection to the burrowing owls and their wild habitats?
Back to the top
Control functions: