Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Boca Campus... Haunted?

Add topic

http://www.haunted-world.com/dorothy-f-schmidt-college-of-arts-and-humanities-florida-atlantic-university/

Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Humanities – Florida Atlantic University
27 June 2009 | Florida | Tags: Boca Raton, Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Humanities Building, FAU, Florida, Florida Atlantic University, Humanities Building

Down in sunny South Florida lies Florida Atlantic University established in 1961 and founded in Boca Raton in 1964.  The Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Humanities building was completed in 1966, and has various uses from classrooms and offices to housing a 530 seat theatre.  Perhaps there is more to this building than even that; it may be haunted.  Custodians and night shift security have witnessed a female ghost crying towards the top of the theatre.  As she was approached, she would disappear.  Another instance of haunting in the same building occurred one day as the building was about to be locked up for the night. Following nightly security protocol, the security guard started on the third floor, ensuring all classrooms were empty and locked.

As the security guard was performing the same procedure on the second floor, he reported on his radio for assistance, as he heard someone on the third floor running through the hall upstairs and slamming doors. Another security guard arrived shortly and the two guards went up to check the third floor starting at opposite ends of the corridor. They discovered all the doors were still locked, everything was exactly as it had been left by the security guard just minutes before, and no one besides the two guards had exited or entered the building.

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: FAU Boca Campus... Haunted?

Ooo Wee Ooo Wee Ooo…….

Photo: animaltwist.com
Back to the top

FAU Boca Campus... Haunted?

That's scary good!
I've always wanted to dress like a ghost and scare the heck out of people.
I can't imagine the security staff figuring out whose turn is it to lock that building.  ;D LOL!!
Sometimes I wonder if a human can scare the hell out of a ghost!  :o

Back to the top

Limited Screening at Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Humanities – FAU

Back to the top
Control functions: