Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Student Participation Biggest Challenge for Online Courses

Add topic

"Student participation is perhaps the biggest challenge of teaching online courses, says Deborah Raines, professor and director of the Accelerated Second-Degree BSN Program at Florida Atlantic University. Part of the problem is that students often have misconceptions about what participation means. This is why Raines makes it a point, particularly during the first two weeks of a course, to model and encourage appropriate participation."

Source: facultyfocus.com

Full Article
Back to the top

Re: Student Participation Biggest Challenge for Online Courses

Student Participation Biggest Challenge for Online Courses

And.....???????
Back to the top

I hated participating in online courses. I don't think there needs to be any participation, just give me the assignment and I'll turn it in. I don't want any of this, "You need to ask 3 questions and post 3 responses a week to get full credit" garbage.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

I hated participating in online courses. I don't think there needs to be any participation, just give me the assignment and I'll turn it in. I don't want any of this, "You need to ask 3 questions and post 3 responses a week to get full credit" garbage.

:D
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Agreed, I am not forced to have debates in a classroom setting or usually even attend class….why do they make you for the online courses?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: