Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Owls Most Impressive Win?

A win against which OOC team this season, would be the more impressive victory for the Owls?

a win @ Nebraska
a win @ South Carolina
a win vs. Wyoming
a win @ UAB

You must select between 1 and 25 options

• [li]@ Nebraska: FAU winning their season opener, at Nebraska no less, would be a huge confidence boost heading into South Carolina.[/li]
    [li]@ South Carolina: FAU was crushed 45-6 @ South Carolina in 2006. An Owls win on Gamecock turf would be sweet revenge, plus a win against an SEC team would be a nice addition to FAU's resume. Also a win before back-to-back home games, including our first conference team, would be nice.[/li]
    [li]vs. Wyoming: a home win against a solid OOC team would helpful going into back-to-back away games against conference opponents.[/li]
    [li]@ UAB: beat the Blazers 49-34 at home in 2008, but Owls need to be tested on the Road. Plus it would mark FAU's third straigh win against a C-USA opponent. **FAU has yet to lose to a C-USA team, since joining I-A.[/li]

"FAU is on a collision course with the national championship. The only variable is time."
Back to the top

Re: The Owls Most Impressive Win?

Owlando said

FAU has yet to lose to a C-USA team, since joining I-A

I especially like this part!  ;D  ;D
Back to the top

I picked SC because I will be there, even though Nebraska would probably be a MORE impressive win.
Back to the top

The Owls Most Impressive Win?

NCowl said

I picked SC because I will be there, even though Nebraska would probably be a MORE impressive win.

You think so??

An SEC victory would be pretty impressive! ;D
Back to the top

nebraska would be most impressive. South Carolina will probably be 0-2 when we play them. I don't think there much better then a 45 RPI.

Wyoming and UAB should be wins.
Back to the top

Sold…

I'll take all four!
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Wyoming and UAB should be wins.

Should be. The win last year against UAB seemed more comfortable than the score would indicate, however. They're expected to be better this year.
Back to the top

A win at Nebraska. They had 9 wins last year and they should be decent this year. They won't be at their best when FAU plays them since the offense is going to take some time to get in gear, but they are still a very formidable opponent. It is also worth mentioning that they have the top defensive lineman in the country.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Nebraska, we are talking about one of the most storied programs in college football.  It would be a miracle but miracles have and will continue to occur.  GO OWLS!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

NCowl said

hmm we should meet up…..the dirty's will be there as well!

But Nebraska, just think of the 90's power-house that they were…..program has a ton of history, and it would be a nice way to start the season
Back to the top
Control functions: