Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN Blog- Five games to fear in the SEC

Error Page

Florida Atlantic at South Carolina, Sept. 19: The timing of this one isn't real good for South Carolina, which will be coming off back-to-back trips to open the season against North Carolina State and Georgia. Despite what happens in those first two games, you just wonder if the Gamecocks will be ready to play. They better be. Florida Atlantic has athletes and is plenty capable after winning seven games a year ago. Quarterback Rusty Smith has thrown 56 touchdown passes the past two seasons, and the Owls get tight end Jason Harmon back after he was hurt all of last season.

We havent talked a lot about this game focusing in on the Nebraska contest as the season opener and thats the way I like it. I'd LOVE to have South Carolina sleep on us so that we have a shot at bushwhacking these guys.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: ESPN Blog- Five games to fear in the SEC

I have said before, I really like where this game falls on the schedule.  We have a bye week after Nebraska, so we get to work an extra week learning from the first game and prepare for SC.

Not saying we will win, but, I think we get the opportunity to learn from any mistakes and use that to our advantage and maybe catch SC off guard. 
Back to the top

Three SBC games…….

Someone is going down!
Back to the top

Schnelly beating Spurrier would be sick!!!!!!

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

I know a lot of the incoming Freshman are planning to go up to this game, me being one of them.  It would awesome to get them back for what they did to us last time  >:(
Back to the top

ESPN Blog- Five games to fear in the SEC

BocaCoop said

Schnelly beating Spurrier would be sick!!!!!!

agreed
Back to the top

Turnovers and penalties deep in their territory would be huge in this game….. For some reason, we don't get those kind of breaks in our OOC schedule, other teams do.  Last year in was the snap over Rusty's head and the phantom holding call that brought back CP's TD. When are we gonna get those kind of breaks? Maybe this year….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

and the phantom holding call that brought back CP's TD. When are we gonna get those kind of breaks? Maybe this year….

They always hit us with that **** when it looks like we're starting to make downfield progress.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Silver_Bullet32 said

and the phantom holding call that brought back CP's TD. When are we gonna get those kind of breaks? Maybe this year….

They always hit us with that **** when it looks like we're starting to make downfield progress.

it always seemes to me that we have to earn our victories, no breaks

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: