Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Raiders Waive Frantz Joseph

Tough break for Frantz…if anyone deserved it, he did…maybe he will emerge somewhere else in time.

"The Oakland Raiders continued to trim their roster by cutting undrafted free agent linebacker Frantz Joseph.

Since his post draft signing, Joseph's personal story as well as his intense style of play had made him a favorite of Raider fans to not only make the team, but become an impact player.

After the organized team activities, Joseph was just looking forward to putting the pads on to show what he cold really do. However, he won't get that chance in Silver and Black."

Source: examiner.com

Full Article
Back to the top

Re: Raiders Waive Frantz Joseph

He could find a home someplace on a practice roster, but it is probably highly unlikely.

Its a shame, but there is always the new football league or the CFL (next year), but regardless i hope see him back down here working with our team.  Having his experience on the sidelines would def help out a young defense like ours.
Back to the top

Raiders Waive Frantz Joseph

Nunzio42 said

i hope see him back down here working with our team.  Having his experience on the sidelines would def help out a young defense like ours.

Same here…highly likely now…
Back to the top

Which is exciting!
Back to the top

And he's got an education! I applaud the guy for that more than anything, there are no guarantees in life and you've always gotta have a back up plan…and Frantz did. Smart kid.
Back to the top

Wow, I really thought he was in, didn't see that coming. I agree he can try CFL and spend a couple of years there then maybe make a jump back. "Flash" Gordan is in his 4th year with the Hamilton Tiger Cats.

http://www.ticats.ca/roster/show/id/918

Nice Video

Videos | Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Back to the top

Ughhh, this sucks. I hope he can catch on somewhere, even if he has to spend a year on a practice squad.
Back to the top

Frantz doesn't have drill speed, but he does have game speed. I think the Raiders have their MLB in Kirk Morrison. Morrison is not at his best in coverage, so I think they are looking more for a 3rd and long guy. That's not FJ's strong point either. I still think he can get on a roster. He has enough special team skills that a team will be willing to take a shot…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

A bit of a surprise. If you read the comments by Raider fans they are not happy. Maybe he gets picked up by an NFL team sometime before or during camp. Lots of moves are being made and I am sure that someone will give him a shot.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The Raiders are a joke of an organization.  He'll definately get a shot at someone's training camp.  Come on Fins…bring him in!
Back to the top
Control functions: