Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The return of Jared Allen

I saw this on another Owls site…not sure how to note the source without stepping on anyone's toes.  The gist is that Jared Allen is returning to Boca as a graduate assistant.  This is a great addition to the staff.  Good to see the Owls keeping it's former players in the fold and I think Jared will make an excellent coach one day.

Back to the top

Re: The return of Jared Allen

When I was a freshmen in 2001, I volunteered with Michael Short, FAU Head Equipment Manager.  My duties entailed a lot of shift work, but the best was helping warm up the Quarterbacks every practice.  Jared Allen is by far one of the best human beings I have ever came across.  I would love to see him as a GA at FAU and welcome his family to Boca Raton.
Back to the top

Jared is a great leader and a true Owl. I'm glad to see he is retruning to his roots. He'll make a great mentor and coach.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

FAUsports.com: Jared Allen Returns

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Awesome.  Welcome home Jared!
Back to the top

The return of Jared Allen

fauowls44 said

I saw this on another Owls site…not sure how to note the source without stepping on anyone's toes.

"On another Owls site"… yeah… I did as well. There's some other good news there that hasn't come up here yet.

I know there's a sense of competition there but honestly I check all of the sites and I'm sure I'm not alone in doing so. The only one I stopped going to was Rivals because I'm not interested in paying to read about how he called up a high school prospect and the kid's shrugging, "They like me so I like them. We'll see."
Back to the top

What does a graduate assistant do?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Jared was a great QB for FAU. I'm a bit confused though. I know he has a small child and I assume he's still married.  I wonder how he is working this all out?

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

What does a graduate assistant do?

This article offers some insight.
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Jared was a great QB for FAU. I'm a bit confused though. I know he has a small child and I assume he's still married.  I wonder how he is working this all out?

They'd come with him, I suppose. I know he comes down for games so his family is at least somewhat familiar with the area.
Back to the top
Control functions: